PvP?

SKLURB

Called from Darkness Web Developer
1). How is the PvP in FFXIV? Does it exist? I heard a rumor awhile back it did not.

2). Would a hardcore PvP'er enjoy FFXIV's PvP if that is primarily how I game?

3). Any battlegrounds, open world RvR, etc?

Thanks in advance!

FFXIV is not going to focus on PvP, but they said they will add it. I am not sure on what their PvP plans are as of yet, but XionTawa may know more.

1). How is the PvP in FFXIV? Does it exist? I heard a rumor awhile back it did not.

2). Would a hardcore PvP'er enjoy FFXIV's PvP if that is primarily how I game?

3). Any battlegrounds, open world RvR, etc?

1) there is non atm and probably won't be any for some time.

2) no the combat system, in my opinion, is lacking and not sure how they will do this in pvp.

3) If they do it, they may do it like in ffxi where they have times when a zone will have pvp. you sign up and have at it while others in the zone can see you but not participate.

All in all this game is PVE, and will have a dash of PVP in it.

2) no the combat system, in my opinion, is lacking and not sure how they will do this in pvp.

I found the combat system to be the best of any MMO I have ever played...but to each's own... (12 years and over 50 MMORPGs - experience) :D

Currently no PvP...probably within a year...not sure what will be involved with it...

(12 years and over 50 MMORPGs - experience) :D
Some day we will have to start a MMO ego thread so we can all have a resume to refer to when giving game commentary. I think I got Xion beat with 14 years and easily over 50 played :p We should also add a category of how many MMOs you took a toon to max level in.

Last edited:
Some day we will have to start a MMO ego thread so we can all have a resume to refer to when giving game commentary. I think I got Xion beat with 14 years and easily over 50 played :p

Heh...yeah...I have a bad habit of showing my ego in that...but mostly I do it to show I am not a WoW noob... LOL ...and to show my experience so that people understand where I am coming from... :)

I appreciate everyone's feedback very much. Thanks for the replies. Without any PvP, I just can't justify picking up FFXIV at the moment.

I'm curious (and excited) to see how they will do pvp in ffxiv. While I do not like open world pvp myself because it takes away from my immersion when I get ko'd randomly, I still like pvp. I would say use someones buddy pass in a few months when they add it in (if your interested in how they develop it..who can say atm)

Its really sad but there is no pvp in this game. The graphics are realistic, jaw dropping and cute at the same time. For someone who picks MMOs mainly on graphics, I'm still saddened about walking away from FFXIV.

Its really sad but there is no pvp in this game. The graphics are realistic, jaw dropping and cute at the same time. For someone who picks MMOs mainly on graphics, I'm still saddened about walking away from FFXIV.

IMO PvP just doesn't fit in an FF game...but I will welcome it none the less...

Back