PVP WEEKEND!

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
Yeah paragon suck, DERVISH FLIPPIN OWN! i just did zaishin challange with henchies and pretty much did all DPS. yeah, im buying nightfall.
 
I disagree. Although I like the Dervish and I will be making one when Nightfall comes out it didn't live up to all the hype imo. Dervishes are very gimicky with the god forms and all, sure they all look pretty sweet but I think they're gonna be the new assassin, although much better but just as plentiful. The Paragon to me seems quite cool and seems like it will be the next mesmer in it's ability to be underestimated. Purely a buff class but I think they will be invaluable to a team on the battle field. So my vote is for Paragon. Maybe a P/D just so you can have Balthazar commanding the battle field lol.

Here is a link to a picture of all the god forms except Lyssa, but her form looks kinda dumb anyway.
 
Dauntless said:
... but I think they're gonna be the new assassin, although much better but just as plentiful.

That's what I was afraid of. :/ When I read about the Dervish, I couldn't help but think that perhaps *this* was what the Assassin class should have been like.

Then again, I suppose not. Assassins are suppose to be hit and run, and should be played accordingly, and really shouldn't be melee tanks of any sort. But we'll see. I'm going to load it up tonight and see for myself how the Dervish plays out.
 
Dauntless said:
The Paragon to me seems quite cool and seems like it will be the next mesmer in it's ability to be underestimated.

Here is a link to a picture of all the god forms except Lyssa, but her form looks kinda dumb anyway.

I'm excited to try both new professions, but I am leaning toward the Paragon just from reading about them. I actually think that Lyssa's Avatar looks pretty schweet! I love the two faces!

Lyssa_form.jpg
 
i personally like the dervish, i dont see it as a assasin, its more of a tactical tank
 
Since it relies on enchantments for protection, it's going to make disenchantement skills more popular.

Maybe I should go cap Order of Apostasy ;)
 
Atown said:
i personally like the dervish, i dont see it as a assasin, its more of a tactical tank

When I say like an assassin I mean that they will be over plentiful. Everyone sees them as the cool new class, especially with the ability to turn into one fo teh fictional gods. It is this gimmick that draws people and as a result there will be an over abundance of player who think they can play the dervish but will in the end just give them a bad name because inexperienced players will use them improperly. This is just like the assassin, and like the warrior before it. There will always be one class that there is too much of. Prophecies had W/Mo's, Factions had Assassins and Nightfall will have Dervishes. Like I said, I will still be making one but I like many others will probably be using guild groups and henchman only, cause PUGs will be weary of all teh "n00b" Dervishs. Just keep in mind, there is no bad class, only bad players.
 
I been using the Dervish as the new ViM Trappers. Who cares about the God modes lol. Tonight if Derk Wants to i think a team of 8 Dervishes can wreck Havok in HoH!! They are not easy to kill like I thought! I was not planning on liking the Dervish but I am a little more convinced about them!
 
i beat all zaishin with my dervish and henchies.... even spikes, trappers etc...... go dervish
 
Spears and Scythes oh my!

So let me get this straight, a spear has a max damage of 14-27 (that's 1 less than a bow), they have the range of a short bow, and an attack rate of 1.5 (that's faster than a bow) :eek:

And scythes have an inherent ability to randomly strike 1-3 adjacent targets?! That is awesome!

I am pvping for the first time ever tonite.
 
i..... just spammed and left my scyth at home, and totally pwned
 
alright, i just finished a long run. We had 14 straight (12 of them flawless) that started in RA, followed by a loss. We then reskilled a little (the mes had brought Ressurrect!) and went into TA for a 15 win run (14 flawless) followed by a 2-1 defeat.

Our team: Two Dervishes skilled up to self-heal and using mostly that black and red form (dunno what it's called), my blessed aura and prots monk, and an e-drain mes with some skill-disabling.

Obviously, this works really really really well.
 
Back
Top