PvP Round-Up

Daralis Halo

Hello brothers and sisters,

We need to kickstart the PvP part of SoE.
So, the best way I know how to do this -
is to find out who is interested.

I'll need a few things.

1. If you are interested (duh.)
2. What class/level you are currently playing.
3. What class you have/want to have in PvP.
4. Do you have experience in PvP.
5. What times are you available to play.
6. And anything else you'd like to add.

For GvG and HoH.
We need AT LEAST 8, plus subs.
So actually, we need at least 10.

We are in desperate need of Caster classes (Eles, Mes, Monks)
Most of our guild makes up of Warriors and Rangers.
This, of course, will NOT do to well in PvP
(correct me if you have a good build/plan for a Wa + Rng team haha)

This might be alot to ask,
but i'll take it one step at a time.
Once we get enough people to play
we can worry about practice times and etc.
Until then, just keep learning and leveling.

I know alot of people are on vacation.
So everyone pray for eachother.
And also, be safe traveling.

God Bless!
~*~ Daniel

Last edited:
1. Interested (this is a given)

2. R/Mo20, W/Me10, Mo/E (PvP)

3. I can do anything you need. I am willing to start a new RP character to
build a PvP one

4. Some. I've done a couple guild battles before, and I've had about two weeks experience in a now-dead PvP guild (AEUG)

5. For summer, M T Th F Sa, assuming no UT matches

6. Come on guys, let's get this team rolling! In videogames, a little bit of commitment means a lot more fun than you usually have. It's analogous to UT-- casual players have a lot of fun, but as many of my formerly-new UT teammates will attest, competition is an absolute blast compared to casual play. Many of them were skeptical at first, but once they took the plunge, they were very enthusiastic. If you've grown bored of endless missions and quests, PvP may be what you need to remind you why you like Guild Wars. (I hope I don't sound too much like a used car salesman here-- but it's true. Trust me.)

Currently, Pastori is my only character, 17 Wa/Mo, but progressing nicely.

I'd be glad to try to learn how to play an anti-caster Mesmer, or even an Aeromancer. I was a Black Mage in FFXI, the key to that was mana conservation, so whatever class needs the best mana conservation skills, I can probably do that as well.

The only PvP experience I have is with the original Diablo, which was hacked to death, so I have no real PvP experience... but I'm willing to learn, and I learn quickly.

1. Of course I am interested. That is why I play the game.
2. Mes/Smite Monk [Doing Mirror Fight], Mo/Ele [At Druid's]
3. I lean toward the Mes, but I like the Monk I'll do either
4. During beta I was over 50% in Tombs. I have never done GvG. I've never won at HoH.
5. Pretty flexible evenings. And SAT mornings
6. I've been playing WAY too much so this week I am taking a break. The family deserves my time. I will be there.

Pastori,
We need some good wars,
but anti-caster mesmer sounds great.
And Aeromancers
are GREAT against warriors
because most Air Skills have 25% armor pene.

I also played a BLM/WHM + BLM/RDM in FFXI
then I switched to a mithran lvl 30 rng/nin : )
The grind was awful, though.

Tsawdak, I understand about the break.
We will probaly need a few monks,
but it'll be nice to have some good mesmers.

If you need help on builds, check the forums,
see how skills work against and together with other skills.
And if anything, ask around the guild!
Dont be shy.
I've asked about skills quite a few times.

Thanks for the response so far!
But we still need more people!
Contine to post, i'll be compiling a list of PvPers soon!

We need to show ourselves (and God) to the Guild Wars community!

I made the monk because of the PvP need. I'll start to concentrate on the monk and get him ascended asap. Is ascension all I need to get to Tombs? in beta you could auto go there, but now I am not sure.

My current skills i use for:
Mes/Monk Fast 12 (using a rune) Domination 13 (using a rune) Smite 10
1. Backfire
2. Energy Burn
3. Empathy
4. Chaos Storm
5. Symbol of Wrath
6. Banish
7. Bane Signet
8. Rebirth

On the monk i got lots of skills to get. i'll do research as to the best for healing.

Yeah, actually the Tombs is the arena off of the Dragon's Liar Mission. But yes, its after you ascend. Make sure you get all of the possible runes unlocked and also the skills.

It seems your Mes / Monk is nicely done dmg wise. I dont like the smite line. I had a Mes / Mo (got it to 14), and went domination and healing. If you notice that Smiting does good damage against players, keep it. Otherwise, you could use that fast casting for support healing.

Unless you can really tell a difference in fast casting (I couldnt), id use those points for something else. It's kinda like Soul Reaping for Nec's, it helps but not a HUGE amount. There is a chart on gwonline.net that shows how fast casting works. I cant find the link right now, but if I do find it ill post it.

Everyone else - keep posting!
We need more participation! : D

Last edited:
Critique my build please!

Here's my present plan for two builds for Pastori, one for offense, one for defense.

Offense:
Swordsmanship 11 + 2
Strength 11 + 2
Tactics 10
Plus rune of sup vigor and maj absorbtion

Frenzy
For Great Justice
Sever Artery
Gash
Pure Strike
Final Thrust
Gladiator's Defense
Healing Signet

Defense:
Swordsmanship 10 + 1
Tactics 8 + 1
Strength 8 +1
Protection Prayers 9

Frenzy
Pure Strike
Final Thrust
Endure Pain
Watch Yourself
Shielding Hands
(Monk skill that gives you an additional 115 or so HP while you maintain it-- can't remember name right now)
Resurrect

Please let me know how I can improve these builds!

1. yeah
2. my main is a lvl 18 Mo/R
3. I don't yet have a PvP charecter yet but I probbly am gonna go with Mo/R
4. a little but as I said b4 I have yet to make a PvP charecter
5. 2PM-5PM and 8PM-10PM El Paso time except on thursdays 8-10 I have youth group ^_^

1.Yes sir, i am interested
2. R/E20-Rumil Dimrill
3. Ranger or Elementalist, haven't decided yet, since my char is a R/E i have a choice.
4. Not much, a little.
5. I am on summer vacation i am available almost anytime.
6. Hope we get some people this will be fun ;-)

1. yes indeedy
2. lvl 20 W/Me but almost entirely warrior focused
3. I can use my primary guy but im willing to set up a new char or two to meet the team's needs
4. a few hours but not a whole lot
5. any day between 2-5 mst and all evenings cept fridays and thursdays
6. I got a bit tired of GW after about a solid month of playing it but I'll be back either when we start pvping or after ive had long enough away to really enjoy it again

Last edited:
1. Yup I am interested in PvP.
2. I am an aeromancer(energy storage at 14 with a rune), air at 11(with rune)/necromancer(death magic at 6).
3. I want to use what I have right now.
4. Yup..I did a lot at Yaks Bend arena and even had some winning streaks. The Arena a D'Alessio is another story...with lvl 20's everywhere.(I haven't played there in a while and last played there when I was like lvl 17 or 16, now I am higher).
5. Usually on all day. I bring my laptop to work and when there is nothing to do I play GW. I am a cashier at a donut shop. I might be interrupted when customers come in =)
6. Warriors...you guys just keep em off me and I'll help you kill whatever.

Oh yea...also. I am a necromancer on top of my aeromancer sides. If you have corpses I can summon my minions. So far with lvl 6 Death Magic I can summon lvl 7 bone fiends and minions. This might help a little...iono. I could use some other magic if needed.

1. Nope. not at all interested. ok, well. maybe a bit. ok ok. I'm definitely interested :p
2. level 20 ranger (I've beat the game with him), and 20 ele (close to beating game)
3. ranger or ele right now. My next character will most likely be monk, and once I learn the monk ropes, I can do pvp monk - I think I have some pretty good ideas for a good pvp monk build
4. Not any "formal" experience. I've played around in arenas some, and I've done a couple HoH battles. Strictly on my ranger though, haven't pvped with tim yet.
5. I get home from work every day around 5:30, so I'm available pretty much any time after that, and pretty much any time on the weekend. With the exception of 8:30pm and after on friday nights. (unicycle time!)
6. hmm. 2+2=4. yay, I can add. oh, yeah. I'm definitely looking forward to getting some pvp going.

oh yeah. For those who don't recognize my forum name, I'm Ralnor/Tim

Thanks for all the response so far!
I'm delighted to see all the people interested.
I'll let this continue for about one more week
then we can start getting everything organized.

Again, we need some eles and monks.
I realize rangers and warriors are fun to play
and they do ALOT of damage anyhow.
But we need more variety.
If you can make a nice anticaster Ranger,
that would be wonderful!
But still, need some more "caster-classes".

Anyway.
I have a W/N and i'm working on my Mo/E Soon.
I might try a W/Mo with an axe later on
but I dont want two wars. (I do but I dont)
So my pvp chars will be a monk and my war
until I can think of something else i want to do.
(I hate Ascalon and presear)

Again, keep posting and discuss builds, etc!
God bless!
We need all the input we can get!

Last edited:
If we're going to do GvG (and we should since that's what the g-hall is for) it might be a good idea to keep our builds amongst ourselves.

Back