PvP Friday - 15Sep06

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
As Astrod00d was so kind to bring up the double faction weekend in AvA, I'm going to suggest that we meet at the Guild Hall to form teams Friday night for AvA. I won't be on until at least 9:30, but because team size is only 4, it should be easy for everyone to get a group together.

If you have never done Alliance Battles (AB or AvA), please feel free to meet up in the SoE guild hall for an introduction to this PvP format.

One of the biggest differences in AB in personal character builds is you don't need to bother with a Rez sig as there are automatic resurrects much more frequently redering the rez sig useless as a 1 time use skill.

I haven't played any AB in a while, but the last I did, there were many builds in favor. I'm sure someone can suggest something if you're not sure what build to take.

See you Friday night!

One important note for anyone who's new to AvA: You have to have factions to participate. Also as I've mentioned before, AvA usually seems quite chaotic and frustrating the first couple of times you do it. But once you get a feel for it and get used to being occasionally separated from your team mates and on your own (which will always happen at some point) you will probably find that it really is low-pressure PvP, and a lot of fun.

As far as builds go, you can really bring anything - but the more self-sufficient you are the better, because you never know when a healer will be around. That's one of the reasons touch rangers are so prevalent and useful there (and also because they can take out a control point by themselves). Also, there are many skills that are much more effective in AvA than other PvPs. For instance, the one that knocks down all nearby moving opponents. Wells are quite useful too, as are mm's, because of all the corpses generated by the battle.

Paul

What time is everyone going to meet? Please specify what time zone since I think I am just about the only perosn on the west coast here.

With only 4 member teams, I don't think we'll have a formal start time. I'll plan on starting between 9:30 and 10 eastern on Friday, but please feel free to pull a team together using guild and alliance chat before this. Also, once you go to the waiting area through the guild hall, there is usually others looking for teams there, so if you get tired of waiting, feel free to grab someone to join you.

Don't forget to avoid the suspiciously large clusters of Luxon dots. Minion master at work, ready to beat you down!

Although and AoE nuker (Starburst ele) or smiter (see the monk elite Ray of Judgement) could be a useful counter to the minion master's horde. The biggest weakness with a MM is once the minions are gone, they are pretty much useless.

What time is everyone going to meet? Please specify what time zone since I think I am just about the only perosn on the west coast here.
no WEST COAST PEOPLE UNITE!

AND i might be able to make it tonight!! this is like the first time i can make anything pre-planned! WOOOOOT!

Back