PvE or PvP

What type of WoW "Gaming" do you prefer

• Total voters
I joined a PvP server with the purpose of chasing down the Horde and beating them back to the Barrens and keeping them
there. When you run across a Horde on a PvE server, and actually questing with them, somethings wrong. It just doesn't feel right.

I still want PvP to mean something realm wide.....

It is a little hollow at the moment. Why should the alliance play together. Everyone is just out there after the cp's. which if i remember right stands fro cooperative points, but you can get more by not grouping....

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT MESSED UP SYSTEM BLIZZARD!!!!

Icthus said:
I still want PvP to mean something realm wide.....

It is a little hollow at the moment. Why should the alliance play together. Everyone is just out there after the cp's. which if i remember right stands fro cooperative points, but you can get more by not grouping....

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT MESSED UP SYSTEM BLIZZARD!!!!

To date there is no single goal that keeps the alliance and horde together... whether its a Castle that has Powerfull objects in it or whether its a King in a capital that hands out insane loot for killing him... Imagine that... a raid on SW with a PURPOSE. Wow.. wonder if thats in Blizzards dictionary yet... Purpose.

Last edited:
The problem with purpose is balance.

It would not be good at present to have the say the guy in Thunder Bluff drop insane loot. The alliance has such a large number advantage that some of those insane instance guilds to pretty much take over Thunder Bluff and wait for him to spawn.

I hate to say it, but we need a third option....Or some other population balancing system.

I honestly prefer steight pve. i am no good at pvp. ei battlegrounds. but yea I am willing to go along with whatever.

Well, we play on a PvP server. Just don't roll a preist that you intend to be anything but a facemelting shadow priest and you should be fine. The "ganking" isn't as bad as its made out to be, although some days are worse then others.

how did you know I love to play preists? haha.... I generally play a holy preist, but that can change.

The general consensus on building priests is to spec into the shadow tree (min 31 points) and 10 points minimum into the discipline trees and not touch the holy tree until you are ready to respec for doing end game instances. You'll find the shadow tree of a priest is just powered to the hilt for PvP and grinding. When I was PvPing and grinding, I could out Damage Per Second my rogue (easily get 200+dps). Now that I'm Disc(31)\Holy(20) damage I barely tweak out 100dps, but I can heal you really well.

Me, I melt faces....

Forget healing....

Well that is not all true... I heal between battles or on entering a fight.

I can still do some instances...

If you are doing a priest... GO SHADOW until 60. You will have a great deal more fun.

Back