Putting Full Confidence in the Lord

RiverTigress

Today I put my full confidence in the Lord -- ALL of it -- with no backup plan. Not presumptuously as in expecting Him to do something in particular for me in return, but to do the right thing even if I get nothing out of it or it costs me. He says in Matthew 6 we can't serve multiple masters and that if we seek first the kingdom of righteousness that He'll take care of the rest, so it's time to trust Him with that.

Maybe when it's all said and done, it will make a great story, but in the meantime I could use some prayers because I'm sure the process will be stressful.

You might want to read Mark Batterson's book, The Circle Maker. We are working through it in our Sunday School class using the book and the video series. Today's lesson included the idea, if you are unwilling to take the risk of faith, you will not find the miracles of faith.

Praying for you.

Did you ever find a good church in your area?

You might want to read Mark Batterson's book, The Circle Maker. We are working through it in our Sunday School class using the book and the video series. Today's lesson included the idea, if you are unwilling to take the risk of faith, you will not find the miracles of faith.

Thanks a lot for the recommendation and the prayers. I will follow up on that as I can use all the wisdom and assurance I can get right now, and the lesson idea you mention is comforting.

Did you ever find a good church in your area?

Not yet, but this is a forward step in being able to achieve that. Although when I find a church, I probably won't want to be dumping all my problems on them without spending some time establishing a good relationship and reputation with them first, but it will be immensely helpful and something I look forward to to have a place to worship and hear the preaching of God again.

The internet has been good to me in the meantime while I've had no other options, but now I need to grow more in the body of Christ as a whole rather than just by myself.

Will be praying for you. Looking at churches you might want to look at The Salvation Army, they are usually very supportive of people trying to order their lives on God's promises.

Back