ps3 PRICE CUT!

My wife and I were thinking about getting one. It seems to have a lot of features and should knock the X-Box 360 out of the water. Don't get me wrong, I do like the X-box (Bid Halo Fan), but the X-Box 360 was such a disapointment. I mean if I got it, I would have got the upgrade version instead of the standard for $400. Then I would have to buy all new games because they are not reverse combatable. It just wasn't worth it. Plus I heard it was very disapointing in its graphics and such on how much better it was supposed to be.
I am looking forward to the PS3, although I am not sure when we would buy it. I do want to wait to see how reviews are after it comes out. Then see if I can find the money if I want to get it. Do you know what the features are going to be, I heard they will be pretty good.

It has to carry over or people will decimate the japan supply
But Sony has not dropped the price for in North America for the PS3.

The surprise move will see the 20 gigabyte version of the PS3 sell for 49,980 yen ($430) when it goes on sale on 11 November in Japan.

(They throw the USD amounts in there for comparison)

In the US, the system with a 20GB hard drive will cost $499, while a model with a 60GB drive will cost $599.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/5369720.stm

So, don't jump the gun. Sony hasn't announced anything in terms of a US price drop yet.

And who cares if we eat 10% of Japan's supply? There are already massive shortages, anyway -- Sony can't even keep up with pre-orders.

I guess I will have to wait a while to get one if I want it. :( Maybe by then the price will drop. I might be willing to wait a while. Halo can stay intereting for a Loooooonnnnnnnggggg time.

I guess I will have to wait a while to get one if I want it. :( Maybe by then the price will drop. I might be willing to wait a while. Halo can stay intereting for a Loooooonnnnnnnggggg time.

halo on a console wants to make me puke, sorry but I like the mouse the most. It will probably remain that way until I get a nerual interface.

I'm pretty confident that the US price won't be cut. See, Sony knows that they'll sell out in Japan, but in America there is a much larger battle ahead. They are already going to be losing a ton per PS3 and they can't afford to go to low.

Doesn't matter to me. I have my Xbox 360 and will snag a Wii on launch. I can wait for a PS3. :)

halo on a console wants to make me puke, sorry but I like the mouse the most. It will probably remain that way until I get a nerual interface.

Neural interface sounds nice until the computer takes over your brain and begins contolling you. Just look at Dr. Octavius. We need the neural inhibitor to go with it.

I grew up on the computer. My first consule game was a N-64 at the age of 19 (I think). I got an X-Box the next year. I played Halo a lot and really enjoy it. I am not as into the campaign, unless I can play cooperative. I really like PVP FPS. I usually don't get many people to compete against though. I went back to computers (where I am mostly now). I tried City of Heroes for a little bit, but could not get hooked. I have recently (within that least few months) got into WoW through my wife and love it. I think I just like the style better, and the quests. But I still do love a good game of Halo.

If you like the mouse better, try the Logitech Mx Laser. I have it at work and it's great, unless I forget to put it on the base to recharge, like I did last night.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the X-box (Bid Halo Fan), but the X-Box 360 was such a disapointment. I mean if I got it, I would have got the upgrade version instead of the standard for $400. Then I would have to buy all new games because they are not reverse combatable. It just wasn't worth it. Plus I heard it was very disapointing in its graphics and such on how much better it was supposed to be.

Uhh, ever heard of Quake 4 or Prey?

Graphics were awesome there! even if Prey was short and Quake 4 had a boring storyline, the graphics still wroked.

Madden 07 and NCAA 07 both have killer graphics compared to Xbox 1.

not to mention Oblivian, graphics there were A++++++++

Double Agent and other promising games coming out this fall will have awesome graphics.

What is really neat is the fact that the next amd proc will feature tech from the ps3 (as amd bought rambus, which holds many of the patents). I for one just want to buy the media center one (if and when it hits) to make a myth box for fairly cheap.

not to mention Oblivian, graphics there were A++++++++
I didnt really think so, I want to see more of an artistic theme. People try to make games that are realistic and several portions end up looking absolutely strange. In the future (when cards can actually handle it, ie ~1-2years) you will see full world shading, which will make cell shading and other effects to make the entire world have a "mood".

I didnt really think so, I want to see more of an artistic theme. People try to make games that are realistic and several portions end up looking absolutely strange. In the future (when cards can actually handle it, ie ~1-2years) you will see full world shading, which will make cell shading and other effects to make the entire world have a "mood".

Environmental "moods" have already been implemented in games. While I don't agree that the graphics in Oblivion were A+++++++, they were very good. I'm not sure what you mean by an "artistic" theme.

right now shaders arnt really being used for what they could truely be. for certain scenes you could add one that made everything less colorfull, make another that will make you feel quesy from looking at the screen. probably one of the best implementers is valve, they are doing episodes to try out new ideas. Like in ep1 they improved several things, like how light reflected against the edje of alex's body. I like how they are releasing the commentaries with the new episodes.

I am going to mess around with shaders some, but in the form of opengl and Cg. I am looking forward to seeing where we are graphically in 2 years, which will be where my major development cycle will be for my engine.

Back