PS2 Play Station 2 HEADSET QUESTION USB

streetsmart

I didn't know where to put this question I'm still new.
I HAVE A COMPUTER AND A PS2 (PLAY STATION 2). DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW FOR SURE IF I CAN USE A COMPUTER USB HEADSET FOR MY PS2? I WANT TO BUY THE "Audio 45 USB Stereo PC Headset" FROM COMPUSA. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT WILL WORK FOR BOTH THE PC AND THE PS2?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT WILL WORK FOR BOTH THE PC AND THE PS2?

Only if your willing to pay more than 50-100+ bucks(if it exist).
You should try to find a Headphone that says, Compatible for PC and Game/Console Systems, otherwise, dont get something that isnt compatible.

Besides, a PS2 Headset costs about $40 CDN, very cheap(roughly cheaper in the US).

Its usually better if you get stuff thats originally for that product. Use something else that your not sure is compatible with your product could damage your stuff(unless your willing to do that and pay for the repairs).

For instance on my PS2:

Using a PS2 Standard Keyboard, PS2 Headset and a Linksys Wireless Game Adapter.

Though, they are not compatible with my PC, however, its good their intention is only for my PS2 usage.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10028814&catid=10940
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10036448&catid=10940
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10032882&catid=

The PS2 USB headset will work on your PC.

Could you test that, CaryF? Or come with fact results that PS2 stuff are compatible with a PC.

I wont do it since it could damage my stuff, and from my PS2 manuals, it doesnt say its compatible with a PC.

Last edited:
I ended up doing more research and I ended up buying the PS2 Headset from Gamestop for $29.99. It works for the PS2 and the PC. It's awesome. They had it at Target, EB Games, CompUSA, Bestbuy, everywhere. Absolutely satisfied with it. I might have been able to save a few bucks if I had ordered it online used, but who wants a used headset someone has slobbered on.

I ended up buying it from Gamestop, because they have a good return policy. I won't be returning it though, since it works so great.

It works for the PS2 and the PC. It's awesome.

Are you 100% sure it works on a PC?

I could use my PS2 headset since, I barely use it on my PS2 and my Plantronics headphone with microphone broke when I dropped it, 1 feet from the top of my CPU. :mad:

Heh, it works. Though it will be hard to adjust when I'm using 1 earphones. I'll buy another with 2 earphones/headphone.

Yea, my PS2 Headset works for my computer too. The only problem is that you have to have it plugged into your usb port when the computer is booting up, otherwise it doesn't work. If you unplug it you have to restart the confuser in order to get your regular sound to work.

Does anyone know if this can be changed, or if it will cause a problem with the confuser?

The only problem is that you have to have it plugged into your usb port when the computer is booting up, otherwise it doesn't work. If you unplug it you have to restart the confuser in order to get your regular sound to work.

What is a confuser?

I dont have any problem connecting and disconnecting my USB Headset. Once it is connected, gives me a different sound and says, "New Hardware Installed", about 30 secs later, my Headset works. I just connected/reconnected my headset a few mins ago, it still works. Though it is kinda weird to be hearing my music from my speakers and the gameplay through my headset...

My Confuser is my Computer; My USB Headset doesn't work as seamlessly with this computer as yours does. I have to reboot the computer for the computer to use it, and reboot the computer again for it to use my normal speakers. Anyway I'm just going to buy a normal headset for the computer.

Corpfox said:
What is a confuser?

I dont have any problem connecting and disconnecting my USB Headset. Once it is connected, gives me a different sound and says, "New Hardware Installed", about 30 secs later, my Headset works. I just connected/reconnected my headset a few mins ago, it still works. Though it is kinda weird to be hearing my music from my speakers and the gameplay through my headset...

Mine works the way yours does. I've been using it for years on my PC.

Back