Project DIVA

Japesland

So I'm just wondering, am I the only one in CGA who is into this series? That would be my assumption considering the general lack of Japanese games represented among the other users (particularly imports like this). I just wanted to check considering this is one of my all-time favorite video games franchises.

Rhythm games aren't really my jam, so I can't say that I've ever wanted to play Project Diva. Sorry. :(

I have bought a number of imports, even buying hardware for the sake of playing import games, in the past. Just not rhythm games. :p

Coincidentally, now is the perfect time for people over here to start getting into the series, since SEGA just (literally just, as in just a few minutes ago) announced an official western release in August (and a demo in a few days).

http://t.co/BZYy7Q31Zt

That's pretty neat!

I just wish that Sega would get on the ball with their western localization of PSO2 while they're at it. :p

Haha, I'm actually really surprised that it's happening. I've never been particularly fond of Sega (although never negative towards them either), but they definitely gotten a few points in my book. : )

Also, now I can get two platinum trophies for the game!

Seeing the announcement of a Western release for this game gives me hope that Sega will finally cave and localize Yakuza 5 for a North American release.

Yay for late response!

So after playing the demo I ended up deciding not to buy the full release. Call me selfish or what have you, but I feel as though the DIVA titles are better suited to the Japanese-exclusive audience (and interface), so I plan to continue importing them whether they get future Western releases or not.

I played the Project DIVA demo.

I am terrible at the game.

I know I'd probably get better with a little practice, but gaming time is limited and rhythm games were never my area of expertise (with the possible exception of MOBA MOGA in StepMania, which was super fun).

...Playing the demo did make me want to play DDR again, though.

For fans of rhythm games, I'd definitely recommend checking out the demo!

Now that my PS3 is back in action, I'll give Project Diva a go. Rhythm games aren't my cup of cold milk, but I saw a video that made me wanna try it. haha

I played the Project DIVA demo.

I am terrible at the game.

I know I'd probably get better with a little practice, but gaming time is limited and rhythm games were never my area of expertise (with the possible exception of MOBA MOGA in StepMania, which was super fun).

...Playing the demo did make me want to play DDR again, though.

For fans of rhythm games, I'd definitely recommend checking out the demo!

...And then importing the original Japanese title!

...And then importing the original Japanese title!
Hey, the PS3 isn't region-locked and this game isn't Persona 4 Arena (the ONLY region-locked PS3 game EVER), so if you want to, go right ahead! :)

I downloaded the demo and tried playing it last night.

My head hurt. :p

The demo doesn't really give much direction for how to play, so I'm still not sure how the stars are supposed to work. I didn't even come close to finishing a song in my few attempts at it last night. haha Still, the game has charm. I'm a sucker for charm. This game has it. :p

I'll be giving the demo another go in the near future. I'm not holding my breath about becoming a die-hard fan, but we'll see.

For now, though, it's back to the still-unlocalized PSO2. Coincidentally, another Sega product that gets way more love (from gamers and publisher so far as I can tell) in Japan than here.

Back