Private Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloren

Christian Gamers Alliance Forums Administrator
Has anyone tried any private WoW servers? I stumbled on this site today.

Edit: Link removed. Private servers are against the WoW ToS, and hence they are against our ToS.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how I got into WoW in the first place.. I wanted to try it.. it actually got me wanting to play real WoW. The server I played on had a lot of glitches and it frustrated me so much that I couldnt do some quests that I bought WoW for real lol.

I've been on various private servers over the years, problem is that 95% of those communities are pretty rude. :p

/actually having subscription money this time around ftw

Illegal, so no.

Illegal is such a strong word... more like against the TOS. heh

I have played private servers for other games and have had great experiences. I have yet to play on a WoW private server though.

The problem I hear is that Blizz is really aggressive with private servers because it is against their ToS. Lots have been shut down.

It's illegal hands down no questioning it lol but I totally tried it with bill:p we actually ended up buying wow for real for both reasons of it being illegal and the server was just terrible

Locking thread. Discussion of methods to circumvent any game's ToS is against our ToS.

EDIT: Wanted to add for clarification...at work and didn't have a lot of time to type earlier. It's not my opinion (or CGA's as a whole, as far as I know) that any time the word "bot", "private server", "piracy", etc is uttered...it's banned from the forums and we pretend they don't exist. I also wasn't trying to condemn everyone who's tried a private server (or inject my personal opinion at all, really). One of the greatest assets of this type of community is being able to ask, "hey, what do you think of <insert questionable thing here>?", followed with lots of intelligent discussion.

But we also have to be careful, too...these types of threads always end up the same, and they do tend to bother some folks. My goal locking wasn't to permaban any of this type of discussion (or even this thread), just to slow the conversation down and try to get some other input on the staff forums. I personally don't have an issue with unlocking this thread if folks want that. I will add, though, that in just a the past few hours, I got a few PMs from folks saying, "thanks that was bugging me"...so please take that into consideration.

PS: Guildwars doesn't have a monthly fee on its public servers /troll

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back