Private Hosting?

Kendrik

Staff member
Hi friends,

I'm looking into getting Minecraft to play with my wife and some of our friends across the country. If I do, I'd like to get a small, inexpensive, and proportionately reliable private server for those select people to play on (some younglings are included, thus the concern for privacy and lack of concern for user capacity).

I was curious which hosting company is used by the Minecraft chapter. Or, in addition to/apart from that, does anyone have a recommendation for a small private server host? Five users might be small, but I doubt more than ten will ever be needed.

Thanks!

PS If I do get my own copy, I'll ask for white listing to join in with y'all, too. :D

To be honest, I just run a VM minecraft server out of my house for my household and a couple of outside friends. means we cant watch netflix at the same time, but eh, it works :)

Look into Realms. Minecraft does the hosting and it's like $12 a month. Makes adding, changing and other stuff really simple.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input! I may check into the self-hosting option as well since I think my compy is up to the task at that small level.

Thinking I'll probably pick up the game soon. :)

Back