Pre-Order Available!

Grimbeorn

Tribe of Judah Star Wars: The Old Republic Sith Em
http://www.swtor.com/preorder

Star Wars: The Old Republic is available for pre-order as of a few hours ago! It also appears that there is some early game access involved based on when you redeem your pre-order code. I ordered mine and redeemed the code just now.:D

Inquiring minds want to know will you be playing as a character named "Darth Spock"? :)

Note: I'm not playing I'm just inquiring :) .

$60!! Ouch! I may have to wait for a sale on this one. Paying $120 entrance fee for my wife and I is a bit steep.

Funny, before coming here I just pinged Amazon and saw both the regular and collector's edition available for presale. $150 for the collector's edition, sheesh! Anyhow, I'm preordered as well.

Haven't seen codes yet. In fact chatter on the Amazon product forums that they've already out of codes? Memories of WAR launch here .....

Anyhow, I haven't tracked TOR very closely, but Amazon is showing a 12/31 release date. I assume that's just a placeholder? Is there a "likely" date beyond "2nd half of '11"

Last edited:
i had to suck it and buy the barebones, as much as I am a sucker for a good collectors, I am going responsible and getting access only.

I know those statues will sell well on eBay in a year tho.....

Yeah, I got the standard edition as well...no way will I be able to pay for that collector's edition.

Interestingly 4 options overall
1) Standard (Physical) $60
2) Standard (Digital) $60
3) Deluxe (Digital-Only) $80 ... has all the same in-game widgets as collectors, but (obviously) none of the physical widgets
4) Collectors (Physical-Only) $150 (with $20 off pre-order ... but it's already sold out on the Origin site).

Currently (9 a.m. PDT on 7/21) the Original server is overloaded on preorders and so they're basically doing an email queue. And that's without it popping up as news on Gamestop and stuff yet at all. Wow! I think you call that pent-up demand [or terrible infrastructure planning]! And brilliant move to have it be right as Comic-Con launches ... get all sorts of free word of mouth without spending anything.

Last edited:
I read that there are something like 1.5 million ppl registered on the TOR site and everyone got an email this morning that pre-orders were available so I'm thinking some infrastructure issues are possible lol.

About an hour after I pre-ordered on Amazon, my code showed up. I then registered a SWTOR account and put in the pre-order code and everything worked fine. So it seems like they're a bit backed up ... but still everything's working so have to give them props for that.

1.5M in a morning. wow!

Only takes $5 to preorder through the Origin site. Received my code immediately.

Digital Standard for me. Don't need no fluff!
Code is activated!

My receipt indicated "ETA: Holiday release" with no specified date.

Last edited:
Interestingly 4 options overall
1) Standard (Physical) $60
2) Standard (Digital) $60
3) Deluxe (Digital-Only) $80 ... has all the same in-game widgets as collectors, but (obviously) none of the physical widgets
4) Collectors (Physical-Only) $150 (with $20 off pre-order ... but it's already sold out on the Origin site).

Currently (9 a.m. PDT on 7/21) the Original server is overloaded on preorders and so they're basically doing an email queue. And that's without it popping up as news on Gamestop and stuff yet at all. Wow! I think you call that pent-up demand [or terrible infrastructure planning]! And brilliant move to have it be right as Comic-Con launches ... get all sorts of free word of mouth without spending anything.

Actually not entirely correct.
ONLY the $150 box gets access to an in-game collectors store that will be stocked with stuff. <--- this could be a huge thing...who know?!?

Inquiring minds want to know will you be playing as a character named "Darth Spock"? :)

Note: I'm not playing I'm just inquiring :) .

I'm honestly not sure about that one yet. I may make a character by that name if it lets me, but I'm probably more likely to go with the naming convention that I used in WoW and come up with names from Middle-Earth. I'm thinking that having a few names based off of the Black Speech of Mordor would be fairly appropriate....

Oh, and you should play.

I learned about that this morning both via email and facebook. Currently I'm in Eastern time, so I think I get a pretty good jump on the deal and got my standard version ordered and the code input by about 3 hours after they opened it up.:D

Oh, and you should play.

That's what all good chapter leaders should tell everyone :p .

Honestly the chance of me playing is 0 because I have no money and even if I did I've never had interest in Star Wars (no hate, just no interest :) ).

You'll still feel a disturbance in the force from me from time to time though. I like to keep up with my Toj crew and I also like raiding/spamming random forums from time to time :p .

Being a Gerbil I'm pretty short so I can be your Yoda mentor figure too. Pwn now you will in game, yes hmmm?

I'm gonna head to Best Buy in a few hours and see if I can order the Deluxe edition there if not, I'll just get the digital copy...

I've pre-order with gamestop so I'm still waiting on my code.... but I did go nuts and get the collectors ed. so I'll have to let you know what my personal store is like :)

I've pre-order with gamestop so I'm still waiting on my code.... but I did go nuts and get the collectors ed. so I'll have to let you know what my personal store is like :)

If I were 2-3 years older I'd probably be right there with you. Right now I'm still in college, so going for the collector's edition would be too much for me.

The Mighty Gerbil said:
That's what all good chapter leaders should tell everyone.

I try. :)

BestBuy didn't have it up yet, so I got my Digital Deluxe($80 one) from Origin, just gonna wait to hopefully get my code :)

Back