Prayer Request

newktguy

Ever since I got a job a month ago, I've been slowly straying from the Lord. I try to get back on track but I just fall back down. I don't read the bible as much as I should and I really try to and when I do, most of the time I don't "feel" him.

I know we walk by faith and not fickle feelings but I just can't help but feel as if I'm getting no where.. I just can't seem to get back on track even though I really want to in my heart. It seems like the only times I serve the Lord like I should be is when he has to break me down so that I have no choice but to serve him... and I don't want that anymore, I want to serve him willingly and happily, not out of desperation.

I feel as if he has been very lenient but slowly everything is falling apart, going back into that place of desperation.... just please pray for me that I get back on track, on FIRE for Jesus. I want to just sit and read the bible all day but it's difficult when I can't feel his presence. I don't know if this is a test or what(I started following him in Late December, I'm new to all of this) but it is quite frustrating... I know it's my fault and not his though.

Please also pray that I have a comfortable time at work as I step out of my comfort zone and that God will bless that place with a spirit of peace so that there is no gossip and we all actually work like a TEAM.

And I apologize, I feel sort of guilty that I only come on this website when I need a prayer or when I have a question about the bible... sorry.

Don't feel guilty at all! We're here to help fellow Christians and to preach Christ to those who don't yet believe, so no need to feel bad about posting prayer requests or questions about the Bible.

I strongly encourage you to join a local church if you haven't already. The Christian life was meant to be lived in fellowship with other believers and it's very easy to take hold of incorrect doctrine or neglect spiritual disciplines (such as prayer, reading, and study of Scripture) without a local body of believers to provide correction, instruction, and accountability.

I also encourage you to hang in there, study the Word, and pray for the strength and motivation to read Scripture daily. We are not living the Christian life on our own. God provides the strength to follow His commands and trying to do His will in our own strength only leads to disappointment and sorrow.

Hang in there, build relationships with other Christians in your area, and continue in the Word.

And, of course, we'll be praying for you, too. :)

Back