Prayer Request x2

Laess

Ok, to say it has been tragic around my office is an understatement. I am asking everyone who reads this to please keep my co-workers and their families in their prayers.

1. About 1 1/2 yrs ago, a co-worker's wife was on a business trip. While in a car with 2 other co-workers they were involved in a serious car wreck. 1 women escaped with minor injuries. Another was 6 weeks pregnant and lost her baby. My co-workers wife suffered severe trauma and neurological dmg. She has started making a good recovery but still has nerve damage to the left side of her face and has short-term memory loss but remembers from before the crash just fine. Within the last few weeks, her mother passed away. While coping with this and trying to get her father back up north to place him in assisted living, their 22 yr old son contracted a freshwater amoeba. He had to go to the hospital while they were on their way back up north. While they were there, the virus attacked his brain putting him into a coma. He passed away last week. The stress of the past year and the recent events have caused my co-worker to have a breakdown and he had to be hospitalized as well. I don't know what his condition is at this time but I know his wife has to depend on him alot due to her condition as well. Please keep them and their daughter in your prayers so that they can find their way back from the darkness they are in.

2. Another co-worker has a 17yo daughter is a very good soccer player and was just offered 2 full scholarships to different colleges, 1 in GA and 1 in NC, and is very excited about attending either of the schools due to their smaller size and campus feel. This weekend, while attending a car wash to raise money for her high school soccer team, she was involved in an accident that will change her life forever. Somehow, a car backed into her and pinned her against a wall, crushing both of her legs. They are trying to save both legs at this time but said she will likely lose one but possibly both. As far as I know, she has not been awake yet to realize what has happened to her. This family has a long road ahead of them and will need all the love and support they can get. I ask that they also be kept in you prayers and thoughts.

As I said, a very trying time around my office.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear this.
They are going to need lots of support. I hope they have extended family and friends.

Back