Prayer needed for my Dad - bad fall!

Luvdiscgolf

I know I'm not the most active person in CGA, but I do check out the forums from time to time and try to hook up with the ToJ guys every once in awhile. I guess I'm a bit of a forum 'lurker'.

But anyway, I would really appreciate your prayers for my Dad. He is 69 yrs old and yesterday he fell off a ladder at home and landed on his head, which is a very bad thing. He was rushed to the closest hospital via ambulance, and shortly therafter was airlifted down to Sioux Falls, SD where he is still unconscious, has had two surgeries on his head and is in the intensive care unit at the hospital there. We have lots of family and friends that are lifting him up in prayer and believing for healing and any prayer support you guys can give would be welcome. My Dad's name is Justin.

Thank you!
Lance

Praying!!
My dad was just in a bad ATV accident last month) and was airlifted as well. So I know what you are going through.

I'm down in Sioux Falls now and my brother was able to make it over from Rapid City also. My mom and sister who have been here with Dad the whole time were very encouraged to see us when we got here last night. :) Mom looked quite tired, but that's to be expected I suppose.

My Dad is still stable and mostly doing all the work of breathing on his own with just oxygen helping him out. He is still unconscious, but the nurse said last night that he seemed to be starting to respond to pain stimulus and my sister said he moved his arm when she was in praying for him last night. All encouraging signs and we continue to pray and believe for a full recovery!

Lance

I thought I'd finally get back on here and post an update! My Dad has just been moved to a nursing home in Marshall, MN which is only about a 45 minute drive from my Mom's place. Unfortunantely, he is still unconscious and is being treated for a minor lung infection that the doctors just discovered a couple days ago. About the only thing he has sticking in him anymore is a trach, so that's much progress compared to the first time I saw him the beginning of November. All brain swelling and bleeding that happened initially is completely gone.

We are continuing to pray for a complete and total healing of his brain and I must say, it would be one of the best Christmas presents ever for him to 'wake up' and celebrate with us!!!

Thanks,
Lance

I loaded up my wife and kids last week and we headed down to South Dakota and spent Christmas with my Mom and sister. While we were there, we went over to Marshall, MN to see Dad on Christmas Day. He is still not 'awake' yet, but he is looking much, much better. His skin color is good and he seemed to respond a little to us when we were there; moving his arms and legs a bit. They are taking very good care of him there. Dad gets physical therapy twice a day and regular showers; something he has always liked. Thanks for all your prayers, guys!

Christmas with the family was really a blessed time this year!

- Lance

Lifting up you and your family. I went through a very similar experience with my brother (who is not a believer) so I can relate.

Back