Prayer for Shawn (Zandaris)

Sidonia

Good morning All,

As most of you know Zandaris aka Shawn is my husband. We have been going through a trying period I guess for the past few weeks. Shawn has been drifting away, questioning if God actually exists and wondering now if the Bible is merely a tool to control people. He said that he questions if God exists because he wants God to talk to him and feels that He has never done that. He feels that God has never answered his prayers. For me, that's difficult to understand since I have seen God working in my life and speaking to me. On 2 occasions, I have thought about scriptures. One that I had thought about was Matthew 19:6. I was cleaning the kitchen one evening and was thinking about that particular scripture, I knew that it was in Matthew, I just couldn't remember what chapter it was in and I was expecting to be thumbing through the Bible looking for it. I stopped doing what I was doing to go find that scripture. We all know that Matthew has many pages, but to open the Bible right where I needed to be is NOT coincidence, that's God.

About this time last year, I had filed for divorce, Shawn wanted to work on the marriage, and I was being resistant. He eventually convinced himself that he needed to prepare living as single again. I later realized that what I was doing was for the wrong reasons and prayed that it be God's Will to keep this marriage together. We decided to work on the marriage, however being that the marriage was rocky and with him moving to Dallas made me more dependent on God. Months later (beginning of 2008) Shawn decided that he didn't want to work on the marriage and he himself filed for divorce. It wasn't until July 2008 that things started to turn around and I felt that God was working in Shawn and I still believe that He is, however I feel that Shawn is being resistant.

Shawn had mentioned on November 9th, that he was wanting to find a Pastor, someone who would sit and talk to him about God. Shawn can't do this on his own, I know him to well. I've prayed that God send him someone to minister to him. Not only is this taking a toll on him, but takes a toll on our marriage as well. I've handed my husband over to God, I will continue to pray that God will show him the way, that God will open his eyes to reveal the deception that is before Shawn and I will stand back and allow God to work in his life.

I ask all of you to pray for Shawn, to bring him to be the man that God needs him to be, to be the husband that I need, and to be the father to his children. That he receive a new spirit filled with faith and hope.

God Bless,
Sidonia aka Bonnie

I will pray for you both, continually.

I would also recommend reading Job, and perhaps suggesting it to Shawn to read Chapter 38.

Praying before he starts would help.

What area are you in? If anywhere near Buffalo I know of a church and pastor there. I'm in Toronto, Canada so if you're closer here I'd be able to ask my pastor.

If you really want I can somehow set up a Skype or phone call with my pastor, but I'm sure God has someone in place where you guys are at.

I'm gonna go pray right now.

Carlo

This is Othniel / Joaquim in WAR.

Last edited:
Adding a prayer for the both of you! Stay focused on Jesus, Guard you heart and use gentle guiding wisdom for your path of witnessing!

Thank you Carlo and CC. Carlo, I gave my husband Job Chapter 38 today (11/17). We both live in TX, so Canada is a bit far. Thank you both for your encouraging words and prayers. I don't know what the future holds at this time, I only know to Trust in the Lord.

Bonnie

Does God exist?

Tell him to go outside and look at the stars at night. God has revealed himself in his creation.

What are the chances that the earth, our solar system and our galaxy were created by some random event?

A friend recently said that "God doesnt talk to me". My response was "are you listening?" In order to talk to God, the conversation must be two-way.

I would advise Shawn to challenge God to reveal himself to him. Be careful what you ask for...

Last edited:
Back