Pray for our Child

Rotwang

I ask the Brothers and Sisters to pass the prayer request on to as many as possible.
We are foster parents and have been looking after Jammi for 1yr and 7 months. We picked her up from the Hospital when she was admitted at less than 2 months old from neglect and undernourished and put into care . We we're told she was a failure to thrive and would probably not live. That was almost 1 1/2 yrs ago.
The Bio Mom now wants her back and has gotten a lawyer. We we're told yesterday that if something major doesn't come forward she may be returned to her mom on Monday the 16th of May.
My wife has nurtured her and provided for her far beyond what was asked. She has compromised lungs and aspirates on her drinks so they have to be thickened. She is fearful of strangers and crowds. She is possibly autistic but it hasn't been diagnosed as she is still too young.
She is starting to talk and calls us Mama and Dad. Our love has grown for her and we we're even told we would be able to adopt her. Those we're our plans.
We ask that Gods Will be done. If she is to go home to her Bio Mom that is fine. My nightmare last night tore my heart apart. It was that we had gotten word that Jammi had died from her mothers neglect. I hope and pray for the strength to support my wife and help her make it through this.
We feel it is a mistake to send her home. We have personal and professional reasons. Our voice won't even be allowed to be heard by the Judge.

My plea is Pray for Jammi and my wife. For her continued growth and development. Let her grow up in a home with a mom and dad. We will be heart broken and will probably never see her again. She is the light of my wife's eye and her pride and joy. We spoiled her out of love and are ready to adopt her and provide for her.

Thanks for hearing my rambling!

Rick Thompson
(Thy Will be done)

As an adoptive parent I know a lot of what is involved in adoption, and how the foster system works in most states. There can be a lot of pain involved. I would say put it all in God's hands and pray hard, then be ready to accept any decision He makes. I will definitely be praying here.

Praying.

I also feel compelled to post: Be prepared to fight for Jammi. Resist anger, hate, and fear, but be prepared to press the justice system to do its job and deliver justice. Citizens are accountable to the courts and courts are accountable to the citizens. If the judge refuses to hear you, be prepared to elevate the issue to the next level or contact local news to tell your story.

Back