Praise the Lord-- I got a job.

AmericanJudkins

Tomorrow marks a cornerstone in my life: I will begin working in a real-life animation studio in Columbus called Jaminations.

Since I graduated art school in May, I have been without a real job (besides doing caricatures at restaurants and parties), and have had all sorts of time to do nothing but play video games and watch DVDs and whatnot. That's where I found the time to play Guild Wars, to tell you the truth. I have been submitting portfolios and resumes to all sorts of big-time studios (Pixar, Blue Sky, etc.) and receiving no word back, and just waiting for God to open up opportunities for me.

As it turns out, Jaminations found out about me from my character design teacher, Dwayne. He works there as a principal animator and they just got a huge project and need lots of help on it. He knew I was the best at drawing in the class, and he gave me a call. Now, thanks to God's provision, I will be working for them part time at least until this project is finished. Hopefully that will lead to more opportunities with them, but at least for now it means I have real animation experience on my resume.

Isn't the Lord amazing?

By the way, this doesn't mean I won't be able to play Guild Wars anymore... it just means I'm limited to evening and nighttime games ;)

Praise God.

AWESOME JOEY!!! Just lets us know what your making so we can go watch it :0)!!!

Congratulations! With your permission, I'll copy your post over to the Prayer/Advice Forum in the Rainbows and Mustard Seeds thread. It's a great listing of how God has worked things out for our members over the last couple of years, and worth a read if you haven't skimmed it.

Again, congratulations and praise God!

I guess I should tell you what kind of work Jaminations does:

If you go to a sporting event, usually basketball, soccer, or hockey, they have big screens with fun little animations every so often. That's the kind of work they do. So you may have already seen some of their work.

AWESOME!! Sadly I live in a small town and have only been to a handful of Games :0).

God is so good! His timing is perfect in every way! His blessings will chase his faithful sheep. That is so cool on how you got a real job! It must be so incouraging.

Back