Praise/Request/Help

DrummerGirl

Well, I'v really been doing good in my walk with God. It's been going great. But a while ago I went to a local park with my other christian friend. Him and I noticed some kids in the woods, they started swearing at us, and they just really need God. I got scared, I felt I shouldn't be there, so we decided to leave. My friend started shout some verses to them. But I just kept walking. I hate to admit I was such a wuss. Well we were at the park again today, and my friends, friends, sisters were tyhere. We were talking to them, One of them "Thinks" she beleives in God, donnu about the other. So we invited them to youth group, and I think at least one of them is coming to our bible study tomorrow. While we were at the park, some of the other kids came out swearing at us. I have been studying this fear that I have, and looking up encourageing verses (btw thx Zealot for puting Joshue 1:9 in your signature, it helped) So I stayed at the park, we weren't really talking to the other kids tho. I had to walk one of my friends (Who had come along with us) home. I was just going to go home, but I really felt this tug to go back. So I did, still pretty scared. When I got down there my friend was walking my way, heading home. The swearing kids started swearing and saying some pretty bad thengs about God. I could tell my friend was upset, I knew I was. He turned around, and headed back to the kids. I walked with (Suprised at what I was doing) He sat down and started talking with them about God. 2 of them sounded kind of interested, I think one was just trying to get rid of us tho. I started talking. A couple months ago I'd be terrified to do this. Now that I look back and remember me talking, I know. It wasn't me talking, God really used me and my friend tonite. So my praise is that we planted some seeds in these kids tonite. My prayer requests are that I stop being afraide, cuz I'm still alittle scared. And that these kids will learn more, and find God. And that God keeps us safe while doing his work. And I also ask that if any of you have any advice, please tell me. Thx for being there guys
smile.gif

God bless
And Praise him always for he is truly Amazing.

Coolness. I know ph33r is the main thing when telling people about God. When we have missions here the most popular room is the toilet..lol

God helps you though and if you are willing to do his work and step out.. he wont make you look like a fool. GJ drummer i hope God really blesses your work for him.

I dunno if i have any advice tho..lol

Way to share the love of our Lord. Hope this helps:

Spirit of Fear, Timidity

2 Timothy 1
6 - For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 - For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 8 - So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.

I pray that the Lord will continue to use you!

Thx guys
smile.gif

Well we went back today, and we decided it's to dangoruos (Wish I knew how to spell) to go back again. cuz we know the kind of ppl they are. But plz keep praying for them and us. We planted the seed, and I'm very happy about that, I just pray God brings somone into their life to teach them a little more. They go to the same school as a friend of mine. And she is going to talk to one of them I think. So plz pray that goes well. Thx for your prayers guys.

God bless

why don't you take your youth group there one night?

Our youth group goes down to the park sometimes during the summer for our mid week service and we try to assimilate some of the teens that are down there
smile.gif

Show up at the park with a bunch of teens, so YOU are the majority and they are scared of you... Then invite them to join you and show them the love of Christ in how you treat them.

Whether they join you or walk away, you've done your part.

awesome testimony DG.

There can be no other advice but to pray to God.. Tell him how you feel, whats going on, what you think about it, and why your afraid to God. Thats what my youth paster tought.. the Great thing is that God actually answered me in my prayer and i was truely blessed..

I think what you did DrummerGirl, was very brave, proud, and in God's favor. I hope God blesses you and guides you through more obsticles in the park or even on the entire world q:D

I find that fear of danger for my physical being is seldom a consideration (namely because I can handle pain, and know lots of moves that involve slapping people into submission.
tounge.gif
j/k) but the problem is the spirit of timidity thing...

yeah, I may be a leader, but then again, I like to ride along and when other people do it, I'll jump in and steal the glory (thats why my CS records are so high.
cool.gif
)

I'm kidding about the stealing the glory thing and slapping people...

if I were you, I'd watch a Jackie Chan movie, get all pumped, and then go back, and if one of them tries to jump you, all the adrenaline from watching Drunken Monkey 2 will make you run all the faster.
biggrin.gif

Back