Praise and prayer for us and our church in Ukraine.

Thanks for the prayers, all. Yesterday we went to the orphanage for deaf children for the first time and it was awesome! Apparently, the person we had scheduled with to be there wasn't around, so the staff did not expect us. When we heard this, our hearts sank as it takes 2.5 hours to drive there. However, after some discussion, they allowed us to have an audience with 28 of the older kids (7+ age). It was humbling to again be at the point where I could not communicate with the kids and nostalgic of when I first arrived in Ukraine so long ago. But orphanages are orphanages and seem to be the same whether the kids can talk with the mouths or hands. Over all, I think I was more blessed to be there than the kids :)

We plan to go back in 2 weeks, but please continue to keep this in prayer. They have turned away 3 or 4 other church groups for unknown reasons so we pray that our relationship building continues with the staff and that God continues to keep this door open. May His will be done.

Back