Posted in response to "preaching" accusation.

Strife412

Found at: http://forums.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=35297

paraphrasing quote: "Don't preach in our Aion forums. Kthx."

"If only the weak understanding of the ordinary man did not stubbornly resist the plain evidence of logic and truth! If only it would, in its feeble condition, submit itself to the restorative medicine of sound teaching, until divine assistance, procured by devout faith, effected a cure! In that case, men of sound judgement and adequate powers of exposition would not need to engage in lengthy discussions in order to refute mistakes and fanciful conjectures. But as things are, the intelligent are infected by a gross mental disorder which makes them defend the irrational workings of their minds as if they were logic and truth itself, even when the evidence has been put before them as plainly as humanly possible."

-Augustine

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

-Romans 1:17-23

I know it's hard for atheists to not click on something that says "Christian" in the title. But simply said, if you don't want to read somebody say, "Jesus Christ is your Savior" then don't click on the link. But thank you for coming into this thread, and giving me this opportunity to say:

The very fabric of reality pronounces the existence of a god. The truth found within the Bible pronounces the existence of the God. His name is YAHWEH. Jesus. 'agios pneumos (holy spirit).

David tells us, "Taste and see that YAHWEH is good." Ps. 34:8

I've tasted atheism, and it's foolishness. I've tasted debauchery, and it's filthy. I've tasted humanism, and it's corrupted. I speak with a voice of experience, not of ignorance. Can you say the same?

There. NOW I'm guilty of preaching to you. NOW you can tell me to go preach elsewhere. Thank you for the opportunity.

God bless you. See you in Aion.

Wow. So I checked the forums for your posting, and nothing in them is offensive except the part that we are christian. I appreciate Trine stepping in and moderating the forums on our behalf. I also saw a posting for the FSM (Flying Spaghetti Monster) as a direct reference to our faith; Trine also stepped in on that posting as well.

I really like us posting on the forums advocating our Legion, I do hope that it is not being done too much. On the first page of the New Siel forum has two postings regarding our legion recruiting. People will hate Christ and us no matter what, and we should not ever back down regarding our faith. We should be posting for recruitment, but maybe not as often as twice per page/ day? Posting this often for our legion, to some, may seem too much and create more problems than necessary. Trine has had to step in three times on our behalf regarding our postings.

Just food for thought.

Strife, I love what you said in regards to the "do not preach in our threads."

It's a long story, and a back and forth between Trine and myself. Trine knows that I'm willing to elevate this up NCSoft if she steps wrong, which she did, which is why there are 2 postings. There were actually 3. I was threatened with a ban, and I called her bluff. I will remain respectful, but I will not back down when threatened. ESPECIALLY when it's merely in a video game. I'd die to preach His word, so some trolling doesn't mean much to me.

Trine left the second thread up, because I called her on threatening to ban me. Since she left it up, I wrote her, and told her that out of courtesy to her, I will not post another recruitment thread for another week or so, but I WILL post another one later on, just to show that we are indeed active. Unless our Legion is worthy of being banned from Aion, I will not be banned from recruiting from the forums. I follow forum regulations, and if a thread requires "heavy moderation" it's not because of me. If she wants to hand out more infractions, then she needs to target those that are making the attacks, not me.

Dude... if saints can fry to death on Roman spits, what's some trolling to me?

-Aaron

Last edited:
Since she left it up, I wrote her, and told her that out of courtesy to her, I will not post another recruitment thread for another week or so, but I WILL post another one later on, just to show that we are indeed active.

Waiting a little is good, as John mentioned.

But yes, she did over moderate. The censoring should be on those trolling not our thread. Tamate was better at handling it, when he was around. But things should improve later, she seems a little stressed about how to handle it at the moment.

lol Yeah, I didn't know that Tamat quit, and request that it be elevated to him. She told me "Tamat quit." I told her that if my final decision wasn't up to her expectations, to let me know, and I'd join Tamat. lol

No response since then. We'll find out next Tuesday, I suppose.

I was finally able to catch up on this thread and all I have to say is "WOW!"

Nice post Aaron.

I have more to say but I'm short on time so I'll have to speak more later.

Back