Post Offices...

Razilena

I am not sure how true this is but I think its a good idea regardless....

I received an email stating that the Post Offices are now required to remove posters that state "In God We Trust"

In the email they suggested that Christians should send a message to the post office by hand writing "In God We Trust" on every envelope that we send out. I think its an effective and yet loving way to show that we are displeased (to say the least) and want to see and believe in the motto "In God We Trust."

ummm, seperation of church and state has been totally perverted to mean seperation from our Christian symbols, history and and heritage by liberal politicians (and the judges they appoint) some of who are currently running for our top elective office now and being supported by Christians, but please, don't get my started.......it ruins my day.

One way to really fight the changes in the government is to really make a personal difference. I agree with people trying to fight to keep the Christian statements in public places however if we focus our energy on what we do personally its gonna make as much of a difference if not more.

For instance if you write "In God We Trust" on one bill envelope: First its gonna stand out because its something that isn't usually there. It has a chance of being noticed by the mail carrier, at least 3 other postal workers through the sorting process, the other mail carriers that deliver it to its final destination, the employees at the company that process the bills.

Or if you make a plaque of the Ten Commandments and post it on your door: Every person that comes to your home sees it....the girl scouts and kids that bring fundraisers, the pizza delivery guy, your friends and family, etc.

I think its easy to feel powerless to combat large organizations such as the government. Don't let the enemy make you feel that way. You have much power if you start with your own front door.

(steps off soapbox)

One way to really fight the changes in the government is to really make a personal difference. I agree with people trying to fight to keep the Christian statements in public places however if we focus our energy on what we do personally its gonna make as much of a difference if not more.

For instance if you write "In God We Trust" on one bill envelope: First its gonna stand out because its something that isn't usually there. It has a chance of being noticed by the mail carrier, at least 3 other postal workers through the sorting process, the other mail carriers that deliver it to its final destination, the employees at the company that process the bills.

Or if you make a plaque of the Ten Commandments and post it on your door: Every person that comes to your home sees it....the girl scouts and kids that bring fundraisers, the pizza delivery guy, your friends and family, etc.

I think its easy to feel powerless to combat large organizations such as the government. Don't let the enemy make you feel that way. You have much power if you start with your own front door.

(steps off soapbox)

totally agree and I would add to get involved in the local government if you want to start making positive changes. this is the place to start in our own communities.

The further you seperate God from your governing, the closer to helllike conditions you drive your nation.

I tend to agree with this. I actually enjoy the fact that our national moto is "In God We Trust". And that "under God" is in our flag's pledge. The more we drive God out of our country, the more we'll start to wonder why it's going to crap.

What about the people who are not Christians, but still reside in America?

Welcome to the great melting pot of the world. If Christians (and others of any particular faith) can live alongside those who take up no particular faith, then those who are of no particular faith could bone up and live alongside those who are of any particular faith.

So what about them? Why is it that we show more concern about their feelings then they do about ours? (I should mention, this is a generalization and not specifically pointed to any forum users past, present or future.)

Last edited:
What about them? Well they have the freedom to believe however they want to believe. The US has a strong heritage of being a people who hold their faith and their God very dear to them. And we can't get rid of every little thing that offends someone.

If you read the CGA General forums you will see this was posted there as well. This link is there and it tells us why they removed them.

What about them? Well they have the freedom to believe however they want to believe. The US has a strong heritage of being a people who hold their faith and their God very dear to them. And we can't get rid of every little thing that offends someone.

True, the government has a role to fulfill to not give preferential treatment to one religion over another. Unfortunately this often boils down into the avoidance of all religiously derived traditions even those which are culturally significant to our history.

Imagine if the postal service was deregulated and free market competitive companies were allowed to compete for price and service on mail delivery. It makes me wonder if any of these companies would be vocal about their own Christian faiths or if they would remain agnostic to attract a larger customer base.

If you read the CGA General forums you will see this was posted there as well. This link is there and it tells us why they removed them.

The story in the link helps this make sense. My first wonder was "why just in parts of Texas?" So privately funded posters, even though they display a national anthem, were not allowed at these post offices. I feel for what the guy was trying to do by donating the posters.

Back