POST 5,000!!!

Sorry Spam is not entirely mystery meat. It is %100 pork, unlike it's imitators which are a blend of chicken and pork. Spam is actually short for Spiced Ham. There is in the lineup though a Turkey Spam which I will not try. Bacon Spam is an actual mixture of bacon and Spam and quit good thank you. It is interesting to experiment with the different types, just beware of the hot ones. Spam is almost the state food of Hawaii. And in South Korea it is very popular.

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

I've got a monty python can of spam, spam visor, and t-shirt. One year doing the taste of Minnesota music festival the spam truck was there and so we had to go check it out. They gave us a bunch of stuff! It was awesome. Spam is really good, I suspect the only reason for not liking it is not having it. If I cooked up some spam, eggs, cheese and grits you'd love it and never know anything on your plate was spam.

Squirrels can be good eats too so be careful... ;-P

Last edited:
Grits? Did you say grits? A true believer if there ever was one. Well cooked grits with a little red eye gravy is the best food evah. But for a real artery clogging treat try grits fried in a little bacon grease. Any establishment worth calling a restaurant will serve grits for breakfast in the south, or the lower Appalachians.

you know which side of the Mason-Dixon line you are on by whether they have grits or not.

I like grits but spam is another story.

Grits and saw meal gravy for the win. However I normally go with the Biscuits in gravy.

That's saw mill gravy, and biscuits and gravy are one of the other perfect food combos.

Let the grits set up in a shallow pan, cut into squares, fry in a little bacon grease. My other half would kill me for making that.

Back