Possible delay in TF2 night tonight

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
A Valve mandatory update happened at 7:18 pm. 45 minutes later and after pulling sourcemod and replay our server still won't come up.

I'll keep at it and let you know if I get it going.

Submitted a ticket to gameservers and to the linux mailing list.

Gameservers put this notice up...

gameservers said:
Linux based TF2 servers appear to be crashing on start up after taking this latest update. If your server is updated, please expect this scenario to occur.

We will provide additional details here once they become available.

The crash loop of death for interested parties...

our server who I've now named "Old Clunky" said:
[OVERLORD] INFO Starting server
Auto detecting CPU
Using default binary: ./srcds_linux
./srcds_linux: error while loading shared libraries: bin/libtcmalloc_minimal.so.4: ELF file OS ABI invalid
[OVERLORD] ERROR Server has died, return code 127
[OVERLORD] INFO Starting server

Some kind of update is being pushed out to clients right now but mine is not updating properly yet. I doubt this is the server fix yet.

http://youtu.be/M6hB9NTYD0E?t=2m26s
Ol' Clucky, we'll 'member them good times we on had with y'all.

Seriously though, I had a fine selection this time of what I wanted to play tonight. If it recovers I would've liked to play them.
tc_meridian, cp_standin, cp_furnace, ctf_vector, pl_swiftwater, cp_obscure

http://youtu.be/M6hB9NTYD0E?t=2m26s
Ol' Clucky, we'll 'member them good times we on had with y'all.

Don't give me ideas or put me in near the server rack... or the Valve employee that pushes out updates in prime time with a shotgun XD.

Seriously though, I had a fine selection this time of what I wanted to play tonight. If it recovers I would've liked to play them.
tc_meridian, cp_standin, cp_furnace, ctf_vector, pl_swiftwater, cp_obscure

For all it's problems and age I still genuinely like TF2 too but Valve why do you make it so hard... :/

Server is finally up, at midnight, but now I have to go eat. Feel free to use it or not but tonight is wash. Cya next week :/ .

Edit: It's worth noting Gameserver appears to be the one that fixed it with a workaround to their update script not Valve. Not sure what it involved but it works now.

Last edited:
Just want to point out that none of the random crit enabled servers I play on were down... Maybe if we turned random crits back on God wouldn't hate our server so much.

Just want to point out that none of the random crit enabled servers I play on were down... Maybe if we turned random crits back on God wouldn't hate our server so much.
I wasn't aware that God was in favor of bad game design.

Back