Playstation Vita users?

ewoksrule

I recently got a Vita for travel and absolutely love it. I am completely absorbed in Persona 4 Golden at the moment but I imported a 64gig card and am loading it up with PSN+ games and sale purchases.

Anyone else have a Vita and have recommendations? I check reddit/r/vita for all the latest news and this year looks fantastic with over 100 new games coming to the Vita.

Favorites at the moment are:

P4G
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Uncharted
Splunkley
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Rayman Origins
Hotline Miami
Gravity Rush
Velocity Ultra
Soul Sacrifice

Want to pick up soon:
Guacamelee
Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

I don't have one.....yet. I am curious how it is for browsing the internet? Seems to have a nice big screen for it.

As for PSN games, I would look up:

Ogre Battle
Disgaea and Disgaea 2
Twisted Metal Black
Darkstalkers
Darkstalkers 3
Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Vagrant Story
Parasite Eve & Parasite Eve 2
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Final Fantasy Tactics
Suikoden
Castlevania SotN
Fatal Frame
Capcom vs. SNK 2

Last edited:
I really wanted to buy a Vita--gorgeous screen, no region lock, Sony's PlayStation division showing (what appears to be legitimate) humility and great love for indie devs--UNTIL Sony announced the Vita would use a proprietary card format. Maybe now that Sony has spun off their TV business to a wholly owned subsidiary and jettisoned their PC business, whoever was making the inane decision to shoehorn proprietary storage into every Sony device can politely be told to shut up and sit down and whatever handheld Sony develops next can use microSD cards instead of some absurdly priced single-purpose proprietary card. (One can hope, anyway.)

It's a real shame that Sony continues to cling to outmoded design with a death grip, likely forced on them by the same incompetent leadership that has only won one format in recent memory (Blu-ray) when they could have ruled the market. I mean, imagine spending years of your life to design a beautiful new car with fantastic gas mileage only to have the business leadership of your company demanding that you change the design so the car only uses proprietary tires that cost $2500 for a set of four.

And yes, I'm aware that piracy was (allegedly) a major issue for the PSP. But last I checked, the 3DS (which uses SD cards for storage) still hasn't been fully cracked 3 years after launch. The piracy-enabling options that are available are awkward, short on features, only work on very old firmware, and are probably more hassle than they're worth (and that's if they don't brick your 3DS outright).

I really wanted to like the Vita. But the proprietary card killed it for me.

That, and Nintendo's strong first-party lineup (Super Mario 3D Land + Pokemon X + Mario Kart 7 + Zelda: A Link Between Worlds), is what led me to choose the 3DS over the Vita.

But proprietary cards aside, I'm still rooting for the Vita (even though I refuse to buy one) because competition is good (and because I may have to eat my words if Sony ever lowers the price of the Vita cards to reasonable levels and Sega refuses to localize Puyo Puyo Tetris).

EDIT: But hey! I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer. The Vita is an excellent piece of hardware and I hope the Vita owners in our community enjoy it in good health. :)

EDIT#2: If Atlus had decided to include the Japanese voice audio in Persona 4 Golden, I may have been writing this from the perspective of a Vita owner instead of a critic of Sony business practices. :)

EDIT#3: You should totally import Puyo Puyo Tetris.

EDIT#4: Japesland has a Vita and <3s it. He should post in this thread. :)

Last edited:
I had to basically numb my conscious and force blindness upon my soul as I forked out $108 to import a 64gig card...
Now that I am in total denial that I bought it.. 64gig is awesome and holds a massive pile of games. I have over 30 games thanks to a couple years of saving them in my PSN+ account. Since I wont want to share with anyone (and sony PSN+ sales are better then Steam at times) I am going all digital purchases.

P4G English voices are actually great, I honestly love them.

The screen is big and SO GORGEOUS. Just picked up TXK today for $8 and the visuals plus soundtrack is joy inducing.

Last edited:
I had to basically numb my conscious and force blindness upon my soul as I forked out $108 to import a 64gig card...
I think I just threw up in my mouth.

EDIT: PNY 64GB Professional X MicroSDXC Flash Card (P-SDUX64U1-GES3) - $35.99

But hey, if I had PS+, I might be singin' a different tune.

As for Persona 4: I played Persona 3 and 4 with the original Japanese voice audio and I've been watching fansubbed anime since ~1997, so I don't think I could tolerate the English voice audio even if it was a good dub.

Last edited:
...UNTIL Sony announced the Vita would use a proprietary card format.

I'm over cartridges... of all types. I just want to play the game I bought over the internet, install it, then play it where ever I want.

Sony should really just copy Apple and sell Vitas with different levels of built-in memory (think iPhone) and axe the cartridges altogether. But then you say "But Odale, that will kill the use game market!" My reply: "I don't care." You then may say: "Killing the used game market makes games cost more!" My reply: "Still don't care."

Sans cartridge hassles and the usage of a digital download only library (like Steam) is just easier.

And if Nintendo had a halfway competent digital content infrastructure, I might be tempted to say the same.

But the only reason I keep buying Steam games is because the games are so stinking cheap. I can also buy it once then play it on any of my 3 computers (primary desktop, laptop, secondary desktop).

If I could buy a Fire Emblem: Awakening at 75% (for $10) or Shin Megami Tensei for $12.50 AND have it tied to my Nintendo Network account instead of to my 3DS XL hardware, sure, yeah, I'd jump on that.

But as it stands, I just don't see the same levels of discounts on console and handheld storefronts as I do on Steam (which is yet another reason I'm passing on the PS4 for the foreseeable future; I'm skipping the Xbone because, well, Microsoft).

Last edited:
I feel like I'm late to the party!
When it comes to the Vita, sir, you bring the party. It is not possible for you to be late.

I will say that re-reading this thread makes me want to cry that Sony opted for a proprietary memory card format (with the inevitable outrageous mark-up) and Atlus chose not to include Japanese audio in Persona 4 Golden.

Fun fact: The VA who voiced Ken Amada in Persona 3 also voiced Shinji Ikari in Neon Genesis Evangelion and will be reprising her role for Persona Q.

Virtue's Last Reward is pretty awesome.
Although I don't own 'too' many games on the Vita, I am looking to change that this year. Just grabbed a PS+ sub despite hating on it for about a year now.
The games I play are; Virtue's Last Reward, Ragnarok Odyssey, Dynasty Warriors NEXT, BlazBlue EX and Super Stardust Delta.

IGN Top 30 Vita Games of 2014

Last edited:
Back