PlayStation Saturday Night - May 21, 2011

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Tribe of Judah is celebrating its 12th anniversary and PlayStation 3 owners are celebrating the first stage of the PSN restoration!

Let's plan to boot up our PS3's and log in to PSN a few minutes before 8 p.m. Central (9 p.m. Eastern, 6 p.m. Pacific) on Saturday, May 21 to play some games together.

I'm thinking Castle Crashers. Any other suggestions?

I don't have that one. I will have to post what I have.
We can always have multiple groups playing different games (e.g. one group playing Castle Crashers, another group playing Tetris, and so on), so even those who don't own CC should post a reply and try to participate!

My wife and I are going to a wedding this evening, so if I am able to attend tonight's PlayStation Saturday Night event, I'll likely be late.

:(

I only have COD (black ops and world at war), Infamous, the sports move one, a lego game, bio shock 2, singularity and LBP2. Not sure those were the kinds of games you were talking about though. I assume most of the games we could play together are the DLC ones? Additionally, can we do voice chat without being in a game on the PS3? Not one on one but as a group. Like in the home thing maybe?

As far as I know, group voice chat requires being in the same game (and in a game that supports it)... or in Home. I don't think cross-game, multi-person voice chat is in the cards. Could be wrong on that as I haven't spent a lot of time researching, but that's what my memory suggests to be the case.

My wife and I are going to a wedding this evening, so if I am able to attend tonight's PlayStation Saturday Night event, I'll likely be late.

:(

Holy matrimony Batman! Darn weddings never have decent internet connections just what do they expect people to do there anyway? :p

As far as I know, group voice chat requires being in the same game (and in a game that supports it)... or in Home. I don't think cross-game, multi-person voice chat is in the cards. Could be wrong on that as I haven't spent a lot of time researching, but that's what my memory suggests to be the case.
PSN users have been asking for cross-game chat for a while now, so it's reasonable to conclude that Sony has no intention of ever adding the feature to PSN. Which is unfortunate.

I think it's possible to have more than 2 users in a voice chat session outside a game, though...?

Back