Planetside 2 - Anyone Playing?

Jabberwocky

I got my Planetside 2 Beta invite last night. Yay!

Is anyone else playing? If so, what faction/server are you playing on?

I've not gotten a beta key yet although I've applied and become interesting in trying it. If I get one, if it works on my computer, and if I get my work done (in a couple weeks hopefully), I will try it.

Regardless I suggest anyone posting here post your server, faction and in game name so people can actually get together in game.

Last edited:
I was pretty interested in this game, the first one was excellent.

However, (and not to derail thread) I got into Firefall beta and its fantastic. I don't think I need to play Borderlands2 nor Planetside2 now.

I was pretty interested in this game, the first one was excellent.

However, (and not to derail thread) I got into Firefall beta and its fantastic. I don't think I need to play Borderlands2 nor Planetside2 now.

I got into the FireFal beta (which I was excited for), but some of the skimpy female outfits really turned me off, and the little bit of time I spent with the game was not overly interesting for me. I am hoping for more out of Planetside 2. To each his own. :)

I shouldn't really compare the two, PS2 is all PvP and FF is really PvE. When you want your fill of epic 1000 player combat, nothing will fill that like PS2 will. I am in the beta, I will install it now and check it out.

I shouldn't really compare the two, PS2 is all PvP and FF is really PvE. When you want your fill of epic 1000 player combat, nothing will fill that like PS2 will. I am in the beta, I will install it now and check it out.

Good point. That is probably why I am so excited for PS2, and FireFall did not grab me. I will have to try FF with the missus when it is released and I have a PvE mindset.

I have not chosen a PS2 server yet. The blue/gold color (not sure of their name) faction sounded the most interesting to me, so I will probably pick them.

I'm in. I'll scrounge up what faction/server i'm on in a bit. I haven't done much in game, so I can always switch.

I would probably prefer an East Coast server, since I am in the Midwest. My faction is New Conglomerate. I could easily be persuaded to play any server/faction that will work best for everyone.

Is there a NDA for the PlanetSide 2 beta?

/lawyer'd

Though they are still in closed beta NDA was lifted.

If ever I play, I will probably go New Conglomerate as they appear closest to good guys in the game. NC has the only decent looking melee weapon too and (yes even in a game based on huge distances) I will stab people. In back story they tried to give all factions good and evil aspects but the third faction, the Vanu Sovereignty, sound like atheist, technology zealots with no redeeming qualities other than we haz cool lazors.

They really could have done better on the character designs though. Art wise only the Terran Republic feel right IMO. You get a "The Empire from Star Wars" feel from them. The New Conglomerate feel to much like action figures. Less than rebels they remind me of Captain Falcon or, from the 90's Stallone movie, Judge Dread. Their music sounds like it came straight from the Terrans in Starcraft too.

Last edited:
Back