Pilot project for Google's Chrome operating system sign up!

Done, I asked for 5 :) I would love to be there when they read my application - "10 KIDS! Dude you need more than 5 laptops."

I just put in my application. I was looking for the fine print that said i had to give the laptop back after the research was conducted. I did not find it. Anyone know that if selected you have to give it back at the end of the testing?

I signed up...I'm hoping the "I use google docs and chrome exclusively for running my Youth Group" part makes me a frontrunner. =D=D=D

I will prefer to wait until they finish the desktop version...the notebook version is almost useless at the moment... There are *some* offline apps, but for the most part, anything useful requires an internet connection...

I signed up...I'm hoping the "I use google docs and chrome exclusively for running my Youth Group" part makes me a frontrunner. =D=D=D

Just your youth group? I also use it at work, business environment, teaching paramedic stuff.... hehe.

Although I still use MS-Office for school. The formatting requirements are too strict and I have to submit the docs through a forum. While I know it's possible to do a few things to submit them from GoogleDoc, it was just easier to get a copy of office for $60ish (student edition thru the college) and do it that way.

I will prefer to wait until they finish the desktop version...the notebook version is almost useless at the moment... There are *some* offline apps, but for the most part, anything useful requires an internet connection...

Almost everywhere I go, I have wifi access with at least 3G speeds. Except my classroom in the church. I still need to petition to get a wifi repeater installed so I have access in my classroom.

Last edited:
Xion... the computer they send you for the pilot program is 3g enabled :p

Where I live there are many places without any data network...lol...sometimes you are lucky to get Edge on ANY network...luckily, they are working on expanding 3G, and fast...my house and work are now covered by 3G... :)

my biggest concern is the area near my church has no cell or data reception... a bit of a black hole, so to speak.

psssh, the pale complexion is because my basement is my office and hangout. except right now. it's too stinking cold and I don't wanna pay to crank the heat up. My church is just that far out in the country.

We get 1 bar of cell signal on a good day with a stiff wind out of the west. Other than that, you might as well just turn it off and save the battery. The deacons actually still have walkie-talkies so that we can communicate across the building when we need to.

Last edited:
Back