Piken Square: Althea's Ashes

Shagz

Any post-Searing guildies interested in doing the Althea's Ashes quest later tonight? (Mon, Oct 17)

We can also do Fires in the North, as I believe that's sort've along the way (I completed it last night helping another group do The Duke's Daughter without realizing I was even near the North Fire's location) and find Grendich Courthouse as well.

If there isn't much interest among players who are actually at that point in the game, I'm open to high level guildies coming along.

I'm beyond those myself, but if you need help on them i'll assist. I SHOULD be on by 9pm CST tonite.

I have soloed Altheas Ashes many times with my level 20 warrior back in my Charr Hide farming days. The only place that gives any trouble is when you climb the stairs to the altar itself.

If you can't find a party of same-level folks to do it with I would be glad to take Star Slobberknocker and knock it out for you. Anything that drops besides a Charr Hide I will pick up and drop for you. I play some most every night. Give me a whisper if you need me.

Best way to do that quest is by not doing it at all just buy the ashes from some body... haha thats what i do:)

TheJfreak said:
Best way to do that quest is by not doing it at all just buy the ashes from some body... haha thats what i do:)
On your second and subsequent characters, sure. But on someone's first character we shouldn't endorse skipping through the easy way. ;) But JFreak is totally right, I buy my ashes now. They've also changed that quest recently. I think Althea is in a different place now.

It's a long quest, but it also gets you up in the neighborhood of the Courthouse... I have a few characters who could help out...

My N/Mo 14, Everlasting Deliverance, should be on about that time, or at least before 8:20 PST (9:20 CST I think). I can either bring lvl 15 horrors or uber energy regen : )

Yea, you can buy the ashes, but it's not much fun, and I want to do the run 'cuz I need charr hides, good drops, gold, etc. and just to understand the lay of the land out there in the wild.

No, you won't catch me "cheating" anywhere on the long haul to level 20. :)

As for Athena, yea, it looks like her location changes now, everytime you enter that area. I guess if you don't like the area she shows up in, leave, go back in, and she'll be in another, hopefully closer, location.

Hmmm...well, I was hoping for more players who actually needed to do this quest, but ah well...

Last edited:
Back