Photo Contest - Alliance Photo

Matttvi

Hello Fellow Guildies,

I was wondering what everyone thought of a photo contest with winners chosen by the forum members.

Taking a photo in guildwars is pretty easy, you just do the following:

1. Press "Print Screen/SysRq" on your keyboard
2. Find the file in the Guildwars folder (directory is listed when you click print screen)
3. Crop, Edit, do whatever to the photo and then post it.

Some simple guidelines. Obviously nothing crude or crass. Keep the picture to 800 pixels in width (even pbrush can resize pictures).

What do you guys think? We could even do themes if we wanted to.

----------------------------------------------

And now for a mildly related idea:

Wouldn't it be cool if we could see how many alliance members we could get in one place at one time and then take a shot of it? Maybe of everyone waving at the same time like they do for those cheesy corporate photos?

Oh well, just a couple ideas. I'll be around in GW, see ya there!

Matt (aka anything w/ "Pixels" or "Mathias" in the name)

We do an alliance Christmas party every year, and usually get a really nice turnout, with some fun photos!

And I love screenshot contests...it's amazing how often someone captures some detail I simply never noticed before. I do recommend holding down either "Ctrl" or "Alt" when you take the screenie (forget which one works) so it hides the user interface. :)

Ya that would be fun!

Wiki said:
Here are some useful Screen Capture tips:

Press Shift + Prnt Scrn to hide the game interface during the capture, so you get a clean shot.
You can also toggle the game interface off (and back on again) by pressing Ctrl + Shift + H.
Henchmen tend to be a nuisance when capturing shots. You can simply send them away using the command buttons on the compass.
Watch for the mouse hover. A mouse hovering over creatures will make them glow (sometimes covering their details).
Depending on the performance of your computer, the capture may not take place in the instant you press the key, but up to approximately half a second later. This is important to know when trying to capture moving objects, such as dancing players.
When setting up a scenery to take a capture, take heed of the direction from which the light comes. Capturing images of objects with backlight will make them lose a lot of detail due to shadows. Most NPCs will turn to face the player when talked to. this can be used to make them face the light.
The light in many areas of the game is slightly colored. While this adds atmosphere to the game, it is a disturbing factor when making documentary pictures (i.e. of a weapon, to upload to the wiki). Also consider enviromental effects like snow and fog. Clean, white light can be found in Yak's Bend and Traveler's Vale for instance.

Great idea. Any thought to prizes? I'll look and see what we have in storage. Are we looking for 1 winner? Top 3? More than 1 category?

Kel Queen of all Europe

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

LOL great pic. id love to take part in a contest, might find some use for the thousands of pictures ive taken on GW. and i might have some stuff lying around i could donate for a prize.
sadly i wont be here for christmas, me, my mom and my dad are going to branson next friday (leaving my bros at home hehehe) have fun with the party ^_^

Back