Path Of Exile!! come play with me!

spiritoflife

I would love to make a TOJ clan on this new game that just began it's open beta in january. If you played D2 back in the day its a lot similar to D2. It's a really fun dungeon crawler. Check it out. http://www.pathofexile.com/

BTW it's free and always will be.

-5 Year WoW player
-1 Year LoL Player
-Runescape/CS/D2

If you start playing add me "Spiritoflife07"

The trailer makes it look like Diablo III, Take 2...

...which probably means it will be very, very successful.

Topless snake lady on the front page of the site made me question how much faith the developer has in their game, which in turns makes me question the quality of the product. If the developers/marketing feel they need to stoop to concept art of partially nude female characters, that doesn't inspire confidence. If you don't believe in the product and you made it, why should I spend my time and/or money on it?

Same reason I skipped Tera and why I'd be embarrassed to recommend League of Legends to female friends.

Want to draw grown up gamers? Put some clothes on your female characters and grow up yourself. Games/studios/marketing teams like this are why the stereotype of gamers as sexist, misogynist, juvenile teenage boys persist.

</rant>

The trailer makes it look like Diablo III, Take 2...

...which probably means it will be very, very successful.

Topless snake lady on the front page of the site made me question how much faith the developer has in their game, which in turns makes me question the quality of the product. If the developers/marketing feel they need to stoop to concept art of partially nude female characters, that doesn't inspire confidence. If you don't believe in the product and you made it, why should I spend my time and/or money on it?

Same reason I skipped Tera and why I'd be embarrassed to recommend League of Legends to female friends.

Want to draw grown up gamers? Put some clothes on your female characters and grow up yourself. Games/studios/marketing teams like this are why the stereotype of gamers as sexist, misogynist, juvenile teenage boys persist.

</rant>

QFT

gave it a try, the combat isnt quite as smooth as D3, but EVERYTHING else about the game is so much better. I'll definitely be playing this for a while.

btw, tried out one of the 1 hour solo leveling races today, SO much fun. made it to lvl 11, earned myself 3 reward points for it :D

Actually just downloaded the game today. So far, I like D3 more (but I'm really <3ing D3, so that's hardly a mark against PoE), but this ain't bad. I like the heavy use of slotting, at least conceptually.

My only toon so far is named KendrikTheGrey, but I'm not really liking the Shadow so far. Will inevitably create more toons with names KendrikThe[Color] or ShendrikThe[Color] for female characters.

Hmm. Gonna go create KendrikTheWhite and KendrikTheRed now. :eek:

Update: At the moment, I really like the way the currency works in the game.

Also, I've created one of each class!
Templar - KendrikTheWhite
Shadow - KendrikTheGrey
Marauder - KendrikTheBrown
Ranger - ShendrikTheGreen
Duelist - KendrikTheRed
Witch - ShendrikTheBlack

Last edited:
Downloading the game right now. The test will be whether my nearly 7-year old computer can run it. With a 20% cut in pay thanks to Congress, I won't be able to build a new pc this year.

I have a level 6 ranger named Saifluxx. So far it reminds me of Diablo 2. I never played D3. I like it so far and it will run on my ancient computer. I too like the currency and the passive skill system. I like how you can unsocket the gems and they too level up. From what I've seen, the enemies seem mediocre, imo.

From what I've seen, the enemies seem mediocre, imo.

the first few areas theres not much variation, but thats not unusual for this type of game, the beginnings are usually fairly simple. Around lvl 10 youll start seeing enemies with different abilities - necromancers, mobs that cast vulnerability (has almost killed my hardcore character several times), different spells, mobs that blow themselves up when they get close, mobs that leave fields of fire on the ground when they die, etc

Yeah i have tons of great gear i can give you guys just press S to open up the friend page and click in the search bar at the bottom type in spiritoflife and add me im playing HC at the moment because I basically beat the game in SC so i know the fights and know what to watch out for would love to hear from you guys

Also the game gets much more difficult as you progress the normal time you go though the game you might find yourself dying a few times which is usually rare for these dungeon crawlers imo where as cruel and merci you will be like i cant believe this is so hard.. it's definitely not faceroll which I like in a game. After playing WoW for so long it's nice to have a challenge...

Played a bit more of the game tonight, starting my Duelist from scratch cuz I didn't like the way I was taking his build (even at level three). haha

I'm actually really liking the game a lot more now. Mechanically, it's great. I don't care for the world nearly as much as I do D3's yet, but the Final Fantasy elements (which I think were expertly included and add a lot of depth and customization to the game) make the game more compelling than most. Sphere Grid and Materia are such good inclusions, I don't know why there weren't more common already (though slotted items were already common enough, PoE's handling of it is great... even if undeniably similar to FFVII's Materia system).

I enjoy my Duelist. Looking forward to playing around with other classes more.

Still don't care for the "LET'S MAKE IT GRITTY" angle, and I find the UI on the distasteful side, but I commend the developers for making a solid contender in the action-RPG market.

Also! I accepted all three friend requests I received. Pretty sure I'm missing someone still, so be sure to send me a friend request: KendrikTheRed

Edit: Looks like it's Echodelta I'm missing. I'll log back in to send a friend request real quick. :)

Last edited:
Howdy fellow players! I've been playing this for a while (bought the supporter pack a while back because the lottery... well, had the same odds as real life it seemed). I sent all of you friend requests. ShadowStinger is my furthest character since the latest (and supposedly last) wipe.

Added! And, I should say, even though I had to go before we could go kill things together, having ToJ friends to chat with in-game makes the game that much more enjoyable. :D

Okay, so it sounds like a few active ToJ members are playing Path of Exile. I'll give PoE the same 2-week test as other free-to-play games: If at least as many ToJ members are actively playing PoE as are playing today, I'll download the game and give it a whirl.

made it to Act III on Hardcore with my duelist last night :)
having a lot of fun, even tho its taken like 6 characters to get this far without dying haha

Back