Patch 1.1

Shinigami Naruto

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/692221

Well thank goodness for the siegetanks being adresssed, but now this makes the bioball that much stronger agains't mech terran.

But did we really need an ultralisk nerf to? granted it didn't lower too much, and i do like the fact that they removed the ram attack, now it can auto kill the scv's repairing while attacking the building at the same time.

So... I think they should at least for a bioball nerf make researching stimpack require an engineering bay or armory (might be too long for armory though).

What's an ultralisk?

A Thor with no weapons.

As for the patch, I love all these changes, except almost all of them. So I will remain neutral on it until I buy the game, which I may not do.

A Thor with no weapons.

Best one-liner ever.

By "ever" I mean in the SC forum.

By "the SC forum" I mean in this thread.

By "in this thread" I mean in your response.

No seriously, that made me giggle.

:D

I like the tank nerf as that will help Z/P bust through Terran walls, but I still think they need to nerf the bioball. Marine-Marauder is still way to powerful.

As for the Protoss, I think the increase to zealot build is a good balance move but I think the change to the warp gates is terrible. Warp Gates are you primary method of building units and they have now nerf toss ability to amass an army. They have very little effect on the early game zealot rush but the change will nerf toss in mid-game.

The ultralisk nerf is kinda pointless because people rarely get ultra's out anyway.

I had to laugh. Everysingle thing that this patch changes benefits me perfectly. It will support my bo and macro even more. I like this patch :D

The Siege Tank is the same as the Original.

Takes 2 hits to kill a Marine (Un-upgraded).

Starcraft Compendium said:
Siege Tanks have an Explosive Attack (50% damage to Small Units, 75% damage to Medium Units, and full damage to Large units)

wow, nothing addressing void rays? I agree with the zealot change, but like BassMan I totally do not agree with the Warp Gate nerf. I need them the way they are right now.

Nothing addressing the bioball? Sure Battlecruisers are tough, but I have annihilated mass BCs. Marine Marauder blobs are a lot tougher to crack. The tank nerf might help a bit, but probably not much.

I don't see ultras that much, usually they are a.) last ditch effort, or b.)the player was totally going to win anyway and needed to spend some minerals (ie, like a protoss player and motherships/carriers...), so I can't say either way. Zerg are the closest to feeling about 'right' as far as racial balance goes for me, I am never entirely sure what they're going to do/build.

Well thank goodness Mostly Harmless is finally getting the help he needs. If there was a single person in this forum that needed help from a patch, it's him. I can't say for sure, but this one time, I thought I saw him fall to 2nd in his diamond league! *gasp* I know, right O.O

As for the siege tank getting nerfed, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! and YES, YES, YES! It made some of my zerg units a little too squishy. I'm also kinda glad that the zealot got nerfed because it will help my lings. However, I think the nerf was too severe (although, I might get crushed by zealots when the patch comes out). I think it was silly of them to nerf warpgates, but it hopefully won't break the game too badly.

Oh and yes, Keero, that comment on ultralisks was priceless.

The only thing I got out of the patch notes was, "I actually stand a chance against Elihu's early zealots now."

i think instead of nerfing seige tank damage, they should have given the lings like a 20% chance of dogding damage or something cause like everyone else says, bioball got the best deal out of it, and noone really uses mass zealot mid to late game, unless they were gonna win anyway

I had to laugh. Everysingle thing that this patch changes benefits me perfectly. It will support my bo
/giggle

I couldn't help myself.

And yes, I know "bo" stands for build order. Don't spoil the fun.

Getting lucky by having your lings randomly dodge tank shells isn't skill. They did away with that already with sc 1 units getting a 30% chance of being hit having high ground advantage. Lings are really tough. Especially early on. They are a lot more deadly in sc II this time around. 10 more HP's and the marine dosen't do any extra damage but get an extra 5 hp. Lings are really powerful. They have a 5 hit point advantage in this game compared to sc 1. Really hard to fast expo when they are that much more beefed up. :D Another thing is that the barracks units don't have any splash damage types. firebats did splash, vultures did splash with mines, It's really hard to stop lings early on.

Last edited:
I expect more changes by the time things are finalzed. They actually released a patch with several of the changes just before the beta ended then reverted them. Think they are putting a lot of thought into this before they release it. I do worry with the Zealotr change this will make 6 pool rushes very hard to counter. I do think zealot rush was pretty hard for zerg to counter, I could kill the fast expand and contain and conquer most pvz matchups.

Back