Pastor Arnold Murray

G

Pastor Arnold Murray's site!
I heard this guy on TV a couple nights ago, he said alot of things which I felt offensive, and not at all in a caring or loving way, which christ has taught him. I heard him say things like "If you don't have time for god because you have to pitch you'll just burn in hell...they can have baseball games in hell" he also said stuff like "all those churchs out there which teach love are lies, they need to teach the word of god, the bible" this guy is the most conservative preist I've ever heard. There have also been many chrisitan organizations watching him closely and complaining about him.

What do you guys think about this guy? I personnaly think he's detour away from christ, but what to you guys think?

thats a call you have to make on your own. I don't know I havent heard the guy speak but I think that we shouldnt jump to such rash generalizations such as baseball is a tool of the devil. I think you need to decide in your own heart what is right for you because if Christianity was just about a religion and just about the bible it wouldnt be what it is today. Christianity is about a personal relationship with God. The Bible is God's word and is God breathed and it is great for alot of things like learning about God. But everyday we should walk with God like Enoch did. I think it was Enoch who was the guy who every day for 365 years walked with God everyday. And one day he was taken up into heaven to be with the lord. Reading the bible will not get you to heaven. Believing it and living by God and for God will. Alot of things can be distractions from God but sometimes God calls us to do those things to witness to people. Just as ToJ stands to witness to people in the gaming community in everything we should stand to be witnesses for God.

Jay used to watch his shows late at night and they brought him to Christ. I have heard recently that some of his teachings are questionable. I can't speak with certainty but I think I heard hank Hanagraaf mentioning his teaching as not being biblically sound

yep. I agree with Moody. Christianity != religion. Jesus hated religion. Love is mentioned a lot more times than rules.

Baseball... what part of it makes it satanic? or hockey, if you're Canadian? God never said to abolish our culture... or else we'd be speaking Latin and having some guy telling us what he thinks God is telling some other guy (but it could be worse...). Churches in China (generally held secretly in homes, with watchpeople loolking for the BPS, or Bureau of Public Security) are not the same as churches in Canada (which are held in buildings that stand out, and proclaim that they are a church and do not have people watching out for the RCMP), which are also not the same as churches in England (are they anglican?).

well its old school, cuz back in the old days thats pretty much all they preached. though i do disagree with it, even though in some ways it can be effective to the right person.

I've never seen him or heard if him either. There were some things that Jesus said that in todays world would have been seen as a bit harsh. Like the man who said to Jesus, lord i will follow you, but first let me go and bury my father, and Jesus said let the dead bury thier own dead."

not saying he is right for as i said i havent heard him, but sometimes people take offense to somthing a pastor says and dont realy percive why he was saying it.

take care and God Bless
Rand NobleBlade
Paladin

It s a shame that people take things to extreems.

whatever happened to everything is permissable, but not beneficial.

Sure you can pitch a game and miss church, but what is better for you.... being in Gods presence.

But that is up to each of us to understand for ourselves...

Christianity is more about the heart and Love, if you need rules to get everything happening, your in trouble.

You must get up at 4am and read your word, then pray from 5 till 6 am etc. if everyone had to do that, sigh, it'd be hard.

The thing with Jesus is we can meet him anytime, or all the time. HE loves us, that's why he came, not because he was told to.

sealcomm

well yeah these are all very interesting points. like i did try for a month to get up at six every morning and read my bible and pray and stuff, but that didt really happen. either i fell asleep reading or praying which ever came first.

Geno! I can't believe someone else has played SM RPG!
Oh. Wait. Back to topic.
Hank Hanaagraafe? Or however you spell it. Yeah he pretty much takes the air out of guys like Copeland, Hinn and their kin.
Baseball on Sunday does not equal damnation. He is erring if he thinks playing baseball on Sunday is the damning factor. Why? He's restricting the Word of God to one day of a week, which anyone who's read can find is untrue. You pray, read whenever, wherever (as is physically possible) and apply the Word.
So he's wrong there. And you know what? I go to church on Sunday, but secretly, at the twelfth strike of midnight, I steal away to Armchair Commanders and engage in Satanic battles of Devilchild playing games like Magic: The Gathering, and Dungeons & Dragons, and reading Harry Potter and saying things like: Leviosa to make things go into the air. Bwahahahahaha! Fear me!
However. On Sunday, I please my pastor by listening to the Word on Sunday so that I can stay out of hellfire.
But Monday morning I go to the prostitutes pimp place and make a few dollah billz pimpin' ma whores. Yeh, yeh. Dig it.
I'm joking, by the way, but you know, that's how you could treat his teachings.

lol i agree with u bout alot of things but i kinda disagree with the magic-gathering game, but thats just cuz i know to many creeps who play it. yeah SMRPG legend of the 7 stars personal favorite

Who said anything about Super Mario? Was it me?
Culex...THAT was a worthy battle. It was so sweet fighting the Doom Statue straight from Kefka's Tower. Oh man it was so cool.
Well...I messed a bit with Magic and I thought it was pretty cool to play. A lot of strategy to it. I can't help it if a lot of sexual predators turn out to be human and I share that title with them. So if I play Magic and it turns out some freak from the Nether plays it too, oops. Can't really stop playing it because one guy does.
That's Christian logic right there: since JK Rowling uses that road, NEVER walk down that road to the grocery store: it's filled with the foulest of black magicks!

culex was a worthy battle and it was amazing i was able to beat him at level 35. jinx was fun to beat. i dont remmebr much from ff6 cuz its been a while. back to subject, i just know to many people who are way creepy and love the game. to me thats a pretty darn good connection i think. now are all poeple who play magik evil. no but its pretty darn hard to find em.

Well, I guess the same could be said for video games, right? A lot of creepy weird people play video games and get right excited about gibs and virtual blood. T'ain't a healthy attitude, fer sure. But look at the ToJ as the antithesis. It just took the internet to bring us all together - there's no way I'd be able to find as many christian gamers in Oakville who played the same games.

M:TG's the same thing, and I'm sure if you dug hard enough, you'd find others out there who enjoy the game but aren't creeps.

I use to play a lot in high school, and I got some looks from teachers who weren't too impressed (one even pulled me aside one day after class). Fantastic concept, endless strategy, or nearly endless, and it gave the "geeks" a "sport" to be good in if they couldn't play football.

About the only evil thing about the game was that it was a money pit!!! I got out for that reason, there were just too many expansions coming out, and you always had to buy more to stay current with Type 2 league rules, etc. etc.

But I digress. With pop culture (games, movies, books) as with anything, people will find the evil in it (Harry Potter teaches kids about witchcraft! Baseball is a tool of the Devil) as well as the good (Harry Potter is a realistic teenager who teaches kids about friendship, loyalty, and coping with life's problems. Baseball builds communities, develops teamwork and breeds cultural understanding) and use that to further their agenda or combat somebody elses.

Taking Harry Potter as an example, you have that one (or many) church(es) doing the book burnings and trashings. Elsewhere in the states, another church is using Harry Potter to teach biblical concepts to kids. (the kids are enrolled at Hogwarts, but the Sorting Hat puts them all in Slytherin; the only way to get into Gryffindor is through Jesus; how's that for creative ministry? Source: Time Magazine article that came out the week of the publication of the new book) The only problem is that it all feels kind of subversive - why can't a good book just be a good book or a card game just be a card game?

Edit: Added reference to the Time Magazine article and fixed some spelling.

Back