Passionate / Zealous

SLNT_FIR

I would just like to make a mention of this since it has really recently been made obvious to me with recent ups and downs and looking back.

There is a difference between being truly passionate with god and loving him while going through your week. This is the BEST thing that could happen to you, being passionate. But there is a huge difference between being Passionate and being Zealous.

Being zealous is a state of not being passionate but rather "intellectually or connected" and defending Christianity or simply just "being" in everyday life. I know it sounds really drab, but you must be searchign for the right way to get out.
I find that many people who wrongly represent Christianity are often being too zealous, mistaking it for being "on fire" for God. There is a huge difference, even though one can receive the same types of feelings.

I don't want to talk too much about it and I'm not really making this a debate. Just something for you guys to seriously think about.

add*
I look back and find myself in the exact position that I have written about. I have often been too zealous, and more a less being more argumentative for the sake of it. (I am NOT referencing to my past posts in here, but rather the mentality I had) However, that does not mean that your arguments are wrong. It just means, that in addition to your debates/talking/daily living/WHATEVER, you could be portraying yourself and Christians as such and are not really being passionate, but zealous.

I seriously think that getting plugged into a jrhigh,highschool,college,or even adult fellowship that is ON FIRE is serious business. I'm pretty sure i've left out some ideas, cause my brain is nagging me. Lol. Just a post I feel I should post. Hope to check back later!

I agree with you, actually. It's been said that nothing drives people away from Christianity more than Christians. And the Christians that they mean by that statement are ones as you described.

In Japan, for example, there were street preachers on the main streets that I trod about every other day. And they'd have these huge annoying banners and use a megaphone to try and catch people's attention. And, of course, there'd be Western missionaries with them. Whenever I walked past one of these little outposts I used to get looks from the other Japanese as if to say "Can't YOU reason with them, Gaijin?" - of course I couldn't. They were not at home to reason.

yeah actually i have made more atheist friends at the college becuase i dont shove christianity down their throat but they dont mind me mentioning christianity becuase i dont condemn them. i havent compromised any of my beliefs but ive been able to share the gospel with people who before i met them would say -----religion. they dont accept Christ but at least im able to make some kind of connection with them and who knows maybe one day it will. the main proplem christians have is they condemn and are judgmental to alot of non-christians and thats something ive really tried to avoid without compromising my beleifs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back