Partial group build

veritas

I know we haven't really played much PvP and no GvG but just for reference I have an idea for a group build and would like some of your opinions on it.

My friend and I were thinking about the whole "change all damage to one element and protect that element" idea. So what I was thinking is this

- Greater Conflagration (all melee damage to fire damage) - Ranger Elite
- Ward against Harm (50 armor against fire + 22 armor against everything) - Elementalist Elite
- Ward against Elements (24 armor again all elements) - Elementalist
- Mantra of Flame (45% damage reduced but for individual only)- Mesmer
- Armor with AL +fire damage

I do know some group builds doing this with cold damage and using winter (ranger skill) to change everything into cold damage. This build would give us 50+24 = additional 74 armor against melee and fire plus reduction in fire damage from mantras. It will also just give us general armor in all other elements (22+24=46 armor).

So what do you guys think?

veritas said:
I know we haven't really played much PvP and no GvG but just for reference I have an idea for a group build and would like some of your opinions on it.

My friend and I were thinking about the whole "change all damage to one element and protect that element" idea. So what I was thinking is this

- Greater Conflagration (all melee damage to fire damage) - Ranger Elite
- Ward against Harm (50 armor against fire + 22 armor against everything) - Elementalist Elite
- Ward against Elements (24 armor again all elements) - Elementalist
- Mantra of Flame (45% damage reduced but for individual only)- Mesmer
- Armor with AL +fire damage

I do know some group builds doing this with cold damage and using winter (ranger skill) to change everything into cold damage. This build would give us 50+24 = additional 74 armor against melee and fire plus reduction in fire damage from mantras. It will also just give us general armor in all other elements (22+24=46 armor).

So what do you guys think?

Bro, I absolutely love ideas like this! I think GW is all about out-of-the-box thinking and coming up with unique ideas. I'll go capture Greature Conflagration if someone can get me to where I need to be. It's in Hell's Precipice and I have no idea where that is.

This is also the kind of thinking I was using when I decided to go with a Geomancer/Protection character. I'm going to push her hardcore to get her up to PvP/GvG effectiveness over the next couple of weeks.

Hell's Precipice is the last mission in the game. When you get there, I highly recommend having some weapons/skills that do cold damage and at least 1 ranger in your group who has the 'winter' skill which changes all elemental damage to cold damage for a certain amount of time. This will greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to kill the lava beasties there. As a rule, you should always have a Signet of Capture with you once you get to the Crystal Desert, Southern Shiverpeaks, and Ring of Fire missions unless you have already capped that mission. There are bosses for almost any class in those missions with some good skills to cap. Some of these missions are the only places that you can cap a specific elite skill. For more info on the whereabouts of elite skills, check this link. http://www.xennon.co.uk/eliteskills/

I also ran across a Mesmer spell available for purchase in Droknar's that grants +40 armor to all elemental damage, which you could probably cycle with Mantra of Flame to give a permanent boost to your resistance, or possibly stack it to give a +80 (not sure of the dynamics, please correct me on this one).

Physical Resistance
For 30-78 seconds, you gain +40 armor against physical damage, but you lose 24-14 armor against elemental damage.

This would actually hurt the group build since we won't have to worry about physical damage and instead it would take away from our elemental armor

Back