Paged Pool Memory Error

exodus

Has anybody else experienced this in TF2? Most of the time I can play with the error, but after a couple of hours it eventually just crashes.

I'm on a 3ghz maching with 1GB of RAM and a Radeon 9800 series video card. After doing my own research my paged memory is sized correctly, and I even unload my anti-virus software prior to playing. I'm hesitant to play around with my registry which is the next thing I have seen on the forums.

Do you guys have any suggestions on other ways I can resolve this? Any help would be appreciated!

Yeah, 1GB of RAM is not really enough to run TF2. 2GB is perfect and RAM is cheap. What kind of machine are you putting this into?

If you're running Vista, you might want to consider upgrading to 3GB RAM.

If you're running XP, 2GB should be fine.

If you're running Vista, you might want to consider upgrading to 3GB RAM.

If you're running XP, 2GB should be fine.

QFT. My assumption was that you were using XP. If you're on Vista, definitely 3-4GB.

anything over 3 is wasted and can cause instability issues on 32 bit systems. sitck with 3 gigs for 32 bit systems.

anything over 3 is wasted and can cause instability issues on 32 bit systems. sitck with 3 gigs for 32 bit systems.

/PAE in the boot.ini addresses up to 4G just fine. I've never had any issues with that at all. That being said, 64bit systems handle that amount of memory a lot better.

/PAE in the boot.ini addresses up to 4G just fine. I've never had any issues with that at all. That being said, 64bit systems handle that amount of memory a lot better.

PAE is os, chipset, cpu, bios specfic and it not properly implemented on many boards. PAE also gives you an instant 10% or more hit in memory performance. Due to the many imporper implementations why bother with either lower performance or instability...go with 3 gigs tops for 32 bit systems or go 64 bit.

Back