Outreach?

aka Ash

Ya know...we organize events pretty good in this guild.

Why don't we choose one night, where we go out, choose a random mission, and pick up a couple non-guild members to help, giving them items, finishing the mission with them, helping with the bonus, witness, show them what Christians really are.

Maybe have 2/3rds of the group guildies...the other 1/3rd, outside people. I don't know specifically yet. But if the group is a majority of us, they are bound to ask questions, opening the door for us to witness.
I was just reading how Jesus was criticized for Supping with sinners by the Pharisees in my bible and the thought came to me.

Whatcha think?

I think that sounds like a tremendous idea! Though I agree we will have to work out the details. Maybe like groups of 5 guildies for 8 player missions?

I have Wednesday night Church Service...So I was looking at Tuesdays or Thursdays (after bible study) maybe.

Give away all loot found on mission? (my luck we'd get that Black Dye drop...lol)

I think 5 Guildies on 8 man missions is a good number. (3 on a 4, and 4 on a 6?).

Whoever the organizer of this event is would make a poll for the mission, similar to the PvP polls on which mission to do.

We don't try and recruit. We just do it to be helpful. If we do things right people will ask to join. If we try and recruit, people will think we are being nice so that they will join our guild. Our main goal is to Help bring people to Christ...not SoE/SOE...to show that what it means to be a Christian.

Not to be judgemental either, but, we should be selective about the people we help, to minimize the amount of unsavory behavior that we will run across. (look at names, what they are doing and saying at the locations, etc.).

Last edited:
This could probably be combined easily with Build Your Wealth Night as well. Take 1-3 PuG people to fill out a team.

sounds great! if we get a date set i might try and see if i can

Ash, that's an awesome idea.
You know, I've been thinking lately about how rarely I see Christian organizations in games actually witnessing. I admire you stepping up to the plate and throwing some ideas forward. :)

Eventually it'd be great if we could do something like that at least once a day. It wouldn't have to be the same group of people, we definitely have enough people to switch off, but it would be a great way to spread the Gospel and reach people.

Ash, that's an awesome idea.
You know, I've been thinking lately about how rarely I see Christian organizations in games actually witnessing. I admire you stepping up to the plate and throwing some ideas forward. :)

Eventually it'd be great if we could do something like that at least once a day. It wouldn't have to be the same group of people, we definitely have enough people to switch off, but it would be a great way to spread the Gospel and reach people.

That may very well be the best idea Thrawn...

Instead of sitting around saying "I'm bored...anyone need help?" say "Forming Outreach Group meet me at ?????, bring your donations."

With the large family I have, Planning things in game is sometimes VERY difficult, but Pick-Up Outreach groups is very do-able. Or Maybe dedicate 1 day where all we do is outreach the entire day...we sacrifice a little play time to help people.

I think Thursdays or Tuesdays would be great nights. I think Thursday After Bible Study might be the best though! Post your thoughts GUYS!

This sounds like a great idea, I think thursday would be the best day to cause the ppl who go to the bible study can then decide afterwards wetiher or not they can go.

Back