Out of commission

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I won't be able to play TF2 again until Dell fixes my notebook computer. :( I hope to be back online in 7-10 days.

Read this thread in CGA General Discussion for more details.

I wish my computer had been fixed after 7-10 days, it's been completely busted for about a month now I can't seem to do anything to get it working again.

I feel your pain on the busted computer. A powersurge fried mine thursday. Gotta borrow a friend's tester and figure out if the motherboard or just the PSU(or both. T_T) is fried.

I feel your pain on the busted computer. A powersurge fried mine thursday. Gotta borrow a friend's tester and figure out if the motherboard or just the PSU(or both. T_T) is fried.
Ouch, that stinks. :(

Are the mainboard or power supply under warranty? I remember when a powersurge fried most of the components in my computer, I was able to replace everything except the video card under warranty.

I don't think they are. I'm hoping it's just the PSU, because those are cheap. I really don't want to buy another $90 motherboard and reconnect everything. =/

to see if it's the the psu or not you can bend a paperclip an connect any black wire with the green wire, if it fires up then the psu should be good if not then the psu is fried...

I think I'll just wait for the tester. ^_^ Luckily my roommate has been letting me use his laptop on and off. It's insanely overpowered, and can run TF2. :D

I'M BACK! w00t!

I'm updating Team Fortress 2 right now and plan to take the game out for a quick spin on our server to make sure my replacement video card is up to the task.

Woot! I happen to be back as well. My machine automagically started working again. I haven't come up with a nickname for this one yet, so I think I'm going to call it Lazarus. xD

IT IS SO GOOD TO BE BACK.

Thanks to everyone who joined me on the server tonight. I had a blast!

Back