Our son!

3-dEMON

It's official, we are having a boy. Here are the ultrasound pics:

ultrasound001_320.jpg
ultrasound002_320.jpg

So cool. The baby looks healthy, mommy is healthy... all good so far. Hope all is well with everyone.

It's official, we are having a boy. Here are the ultrasound pics:

ultrasound001_320.jpg
ultrasound002_320.jpg

So cool. The baby looks healthy, mommy is healthy... all good so far. Hope all is well with everyone.

How soon will you have him playing video games?

*lapses into one of my demonstrations*

You: okay son, now you click the mouse to fire...
Your baby: Goo blah bikki... *shoves mouse into mouth*
You: Er, no. CLICK.
Your baby: Cick?
You: HONEY! HE SAID HIS FIRST WORD!!!

he he. grats

One word - Beautiful!

Psalm 139:13 (New International Version)

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

Ecclesiastes 11:5 (New International Version)

5 As you do not know the path of the wind,
or how the body is formed [a] in a mother's womb,
so you cannot understand the work of God,
the Maker of all things.

The best part is when they show you the baby's heart on the ultrasound. You can see the 4 ventricles of the heart, and the blood sloshing around. Amazing tech, but the miracle behind the creation of life is still the most amazing part of it all. A real eye opener.

That's wonderful news! I remember when I saw our first child on the ultrasound, it really hit me that we had a real baby in a way that's hard to describe. You hear stories about people needing to sit down... well that was the first, and only time, in my life that I had to sit down. It was just an incredible joy.

He has been delivered!

Our son Dominic arrived April 2nd 2007, 8:36am. 5lbs 7oz, 18 3/4 inches long. It has been 2 weeks since that day and while I don't get much sleep anymore I feel there is much more satisfaction out of my day, and I look forward to every moment with our new son.

Tina delivered via C-section due to the baby being breech. She is recovering fine and has finally recovered enough to start moving around the house some. The OBGYN did a fantastic job getting the baby out and stitching her up (no staples). As her muscles and other tissues heal she is slowly but surely returning to herself.

Aside from being born a little small our baby has passed and cleared nearly every test and appears to be healthy as can be. We took him to his first Catholic mass today and received a blessing from the priest. He slept through the entire ceremony but I know that in time he will appreciate what the Lord has given him. After mass I took our new family out to Fatburger for burgers and a vanilla shake, and in time I know he will appreciate that as well. :) For now he will have to stick to formula and breast milk. :p

Last edited:
That's great news!

As for not getting much sleep that is how things go with new babies in the house. New babies have their sleep schedule set 12-hours off from ours, that is when your wife was up and walking around, she was inadvertantly rocking the baby to sleep. When your wife slept, the baby would wake up.

Now that the baby is born he is trying to adjust to lots of things, including an entirely new sleeping schedule. :D

I found with all of our kids this first few weeks is in some ways the hardest... at least until 8 years old (since that's as old as I can attest to, since that's the age of my oldest). :p

Screen shots or it didn't happen! j/king, that is great news. Children are a blessing from the Lord, diapers and all.

Woots!! That's awesome. I can sympathize with the whole sleep deprivation thing :) Amazingly Andrew has slept right through the night 3 times since he was born...now if we can only get him sleeping on some normal schedule all the time..even if that means I have to wake up at 2am and 5 am or something like that life would be easier to figure out.

Excellent -- congratulations! Is this your first? I only ask because I'm one of six, and my mom's pregnant with twins. :p

Back