Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Ok

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Suxs!

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Killa_s

I have counter-strike source but I haven't played it in about 4 weeks because I take such a large performance hit while and I also experience some lag hits for no reason.... It got better and some of the errors were fixed with later patches but it still skips around every once inawhile o_O I do need a new vid card but my computer runs HL2 reasonably smooth (50fps ish) but CS:S is a totally diff. story.....

I welcome any tips to smooth out my CS:S or nebody elses for that matter cause I feel like my money that I spent is goin to waste.... o yea and it's way easy to spray is it not? :( whole diff. ball game... CS 1.7 would be nice :p

-Thomas

Last edited:
High Spec cpu, High Video card and alot of Ram is mainly what you need for CS:S, you got those, your covered.

Since my video card hasnt turned me down, try gettting a video card with 256 MB, I'm using a Radeon 9550 256 MB video card, cost me $159 CDN/CAD at Best Buy.

My FPS for HL2 is decent, it runs very good, my FPS for CS:S is around the 60's, decent, runs very good again.

I just need more ram, got 1 empty slot, using 512 mb ddr.

o yea and it's way easy to spray is it not?

Easier than you think, using my desktop picture as my spray. :cool:
Even though my desktop picture is 800x640, CS:S auto-resizes it to make into a spray and the quality is cool.

Theres a cool site too, that will help you to see if your cpu is compitable to games, check it out:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/games/gameadvisor/default.mspx

Its showing promise. They are putting some effort into it and i reckon in about 6 months time it will be something to talk about. de_train is certianly looking nice and prodigy was sweet.

haha my comp specs get owned by CS:S it's

Athlon 1900+ XP (1.6 oc'd to 1.71ghz)
fx5200 128mb 8x agp(250 core oc'd to 300mhz core 400 memory)
512 MB ram (333mhz oc'd to 360mhz)

bah I get owned :(

yah I hope future updates smooths it out seems like this is how valve runs put it out and update as it goes o_O

the only thing i really really like about source is the fact that you cant shoot through walls anymore =)

Everyone ought to download garys mod for cs:s if you have source. Its like a building block mod that allows you to mess around with all the game parameters.

the only thing i really really like about source is the fact that you cant shoot through walls anymore =)

You can still shoot through the cornered walls, just like in CS 1.6.

Everyone ought to download garys mod for cs:s if you have source. Its like a building block mod that allows you to mess around with all the game parameters.

I thought it was only on HL2... :confused: Since HL2 only has the Gravity Gun, not CS:S.
Yes, make a fortress out of tires, barrels and boxes... oh look, your a fortress builder, or paint a room with blue and white colors...oh look, your a painter... :confused: -_-

Nvm, i see your point, Rizz.

http://halflife2.filefront.com/potd/33905

LOL!

You can still shoot through the cornered walls, just like in CS 1.6.
it does alot less damage though, same thing with shooting through the double doors on aztec, i have been shot through them but each hit only did around 5-15 damage. You cant sit there and spam through walls and kill like 5 people anymore though =)

i have garys mod for hl2 i havent messed around with it much but the screens ive seen are hilarious

Last edited:
As far as gameplay goes, I believe they took a good stab at it. And when I say "stab", I don't mean the metaphorical one that refers to "try", I mean the one that has the intent to kill. The movement is extremely terrible when compared to 1.6 and earlier versions. Also, all the extra visual effects like the dust in dust2 and many other visuals really kill the video card. Even thoough I get 90-100fps in css, many other people complain about performance problems.

It also seems like you can hit the head no matter what. Maybe it's just me but if I aim offset to the actual body anywhere from the chest and up, I get a headshot. Spraying the rifles seems to keep a nice tight spray in the center of the crosshair. Valve was probably thinking, "Hey, let's take away aiming, let everyone just run around with mouse1 down!" When shooting at people, watching the reaction as the bullets hit them is totally different than 1.6. It's kinda hard to determine how much damage you did to someone or where you actually hit them.

Nades also seem to get a big down grade. I nailed a few people right in the face to find they were only taken down to 73HP. Hitting people through walls has been decreased, which some people love. I think Valve is trying to be realistic, but what game do you know that's completely realistic and so much fun? There is a reason CS was successful and Rainbow 6 is not as successful.

It will be interesting to see how leagues are now with CSS, though there is a lot of fuss about it and other leagues may pop up using 1.6 instead of CSS, because CAL/CPL will definitely turn to CSS. Valve will most likely disable 1.6 from being played, just to force people to buy CSS (which is understandable because they don't make any money on 1.6 anymore).

We'll see where it goes. I honestly think all these extra graphics kill gameplay, same goes for the numerous other new games out.

Nades also seem to get a big down grade. I nailed a few people right in the face to find they were only taken down to 73HP. Hitting people through walls has been decreased, which some people love.

Theres a hugh difference with CS:S grenade and CS grenade:

CS:S grenade; Frag Grenade
CS grenade; H.E. Grenade

Frag Grenade is High Impact, explodes on impact, blowing anything away in its path. Which, also, if too close, deafens you too.

H.E. Grenade is High. Explosive., explodes in a huge gulf of fire, hurting/burning anything, even hurting through walls.

Maybe it's just me but if I aim offset to the actual body anywhere from the chest and up, I get a headshot.

I did find that weird on some servers, I'd see someone at med-range, with a Colt, shooting someone between the ground to the opponents foot, when the gun's clip is finish, got a headshot... :confused:

CS:S is still a good game, it just needs alot of work/re-work, like only 2 player models, one each side......CS has 8 player models, 4 each side.

o lol corpfox I didn't even know that there was a difference between frag and he grenades lol but I guess that would make a sizable difference but crenixs description of hitting someone in the face would do more then take them down to 73 hp :p o_O

I really like how they did the flashbangs. Blind, deaf and dis-orient. I spent the first week flashbanging myself because I thought is was so kewl.

---

I flashbanged or naded this thread :(

Last edited:
Back