Online Resources for a new in depth Bible Study

techwhosaysnee

I'm trying to (God willing, I maintain motivation) work on a project to improve my knowledge of Chrisitan history such as what evidence, other than the bible, there is of Christ's ministiry, death, and resurrection... as well as the process of collecting these ancient blogs and letters to churches, and placing them in an order we call "the bible." I also plan on attempt to read the bible all the way through for the first time.

As part of this, I'm trying to make sure I have all the resrouces I can to make this most convenient. I have E-sword loaded at home with my translation of choice, and a bunch of alternatives, and I have a few bookmarks such as http://www.crosswalk.com. Is there any other online sort of resources anyone knows of that may assist me here? Also resources on things I might want to include in my study... some of the tougher questions. Anything like this would be appreciated.

Though I haven't read it, I've heard that Anne Rice's recent book about the life of Jesus Christ has a lot of information that isn't in the bible. It's supposed to be really good. She did a lot of in-depth research on the subject and it may be a good addition to yours. It's called Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt. You can read more about it here and here.

Back