One Year Bible Study

By the way, for anyone interested, I would very strongly recommend buying the Strong's concordance. It will greatly help you in understanding the Bible.

They have one out for NIV too, called Strongest.

Strong's on Wikipedia.

January 6th Readings:

Genesis 13:5-15:21
Matthew 5:27-48
Psalm 6:1-10
Proverbs 1:29-33

Sorry about posting, but I gotta read these before I go into work!

The whole 'sons of God' thing in Genesis 6 always kinda weirds me out. I've heard some strange interpretations of the term used in that context, but don't necessarily know what to make if it. The contrast between 'sons of God' and 'daughters of men' seems to imply a fundamental difference between them.
The "sons of God" refer to the godly line of Seth's descendants who intermarried with "the daughters of men" which were the pagan descendants of Cain. Which we see later God forbids the intermarrying of the nation of Israel with the "pagans" of the area.

Last edited:
January 7th Readings:

Genesis 16:1-18:15
Matthew 6:1-24
Psalm 7:1-17
Proverbs 2:1-5

Sorry for the lateness again but I had church and then out most of the day with my family shopping for food this time. =P

I used the Printer-friendly version and printed up copies for the Sunday School class I teach so we'll be doing it this year as well.

Reading Abraham's plea to God in Genesis, and then hearing God's response, is amazing :D

Back