...on hiatus...

pbshaver

so you may or may not have realized that I have not been online in quite some time, this is because I have temporarily suspended my accounts and game playing... I needed to spend some time praying about some major decisions in my families life. I will be back and hopefully soon!

My wife and I are taking a major leap of faith this week in moving from Louisiana to California on nothing more than prayer and faith in God. My father has been battling parkinsons disease for 11 years now and I have spent only a handful of days with him in the last 15 years since joining the military after high school. So while he still has a few good years left my wife and I are taking my three boys home to CA where I grew up to get to know their grandfather and spend some quality time listening to him tell stories about their dad when he was a kid...

We are packed and ready for the movers to be here in the morning and to start our trek across the country tomorrow afternoon. Please keep us in your prayers for traveling graces, God's Favor to find a job where the unemployment rates are not so good, finding a good church to re-plant our roots in, the opportunity to follow our hearts and get involved in youth ministry and most of all to glorify God in all that we do through this event in our lives.

Thank you TF for all that you have meant to me over the past 2 years; prayers, fellowship & fun!!!

hope to see you all real soon,

-Paul

Paul, tough decision but wow, for all the right reasons.

Lord, bless Paul and his family as they instill the importance of family and relationship into their kids. Father, I ask you open doors for them, pray their journey is blessed and you land them in the open arms of a fellowship who will pour your love and acceptance into them.

Amen!

Paul:

The more I study the Bible and try to learn more about God, the more I realize that everything He does is about RELATIONSHIP. I think He honors your decision to move closer to your father and will bless your endeavors as you seek to bring glory to Him!!

The Forgiven is more than just the game of Wow...feel free to keep dropping in on the forums and let us know how things are going for you!! God Bless you and your family.

Thanks all! The trip across country went well, still job and house hunting but I have family support so I am confident that it will all work out.

We will start visiting churches this weekend to find a place to plant our roots. First church is very contemporary and I am really excited about it. I truly feel that God has something in store for my wife and I in youth ministry.

Thanks for your prayers, friendship, fellowship and love!

More news soon~

Paul

***UPDATE***

well, the job market is still very limited but I found a job about two weeks ago selling BMW's at the local luxury car dealership. I completed training and sold two cars in my first full week...

Kids are thriving in school....

My 13 year old has never been happier, he is making friends and enjoying school! My 11 year old who has struggled with behavior issues is being challenged in some advanced classes and his teachers say he has been a model student. My 10 year old is struggling in math but he is working hard and is making a ton of friends as well.

We moved in a older tract house type sub-division just around the corner from my brother. The schools are less than a few blocks a way and there are other kids all over the neighborhood. The convenience of living in the city is great, we spent way too many years out in the boondocks! (fast internet too)

My dad is still just doing ok, but it has been great to spend time with him and my brother.

Thanks again for all your prayers, my wife and I are hoping to be back in WoW as soon as the finances get back to normal.

~Paul

Good to hear the update..sounds like the move has been a good thing all around...di dyou find a church home?

oh, yes the greatest part of all... we never looked past that first weekend. we are attending Element Christian Church and have plans to stay there.

We spent a lot of time researching churches and belief statements on the web before the move and we were having a hard time finding some where we thought we would be comfortable.

The pastor has a a very "teaching rather than preaching" style and we absolutely love the praise band. We have felt incredibly welcome from the first moment we stepped through the doors.

Thanks for asking the most important question Anita!

God Bless!

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that your leap of faith landed quickly, and matters are settling. Keep us in the loop, it's encouraging to hear how God takes care of us all. =D

Back