Old dos games

Kaiine

I have been playing my old DOS games of late, such as; King's Quest 1-8, Police Quest, Space Quest, and Quest for Glory. Any of you members (ages 22 and older) remember these games? The old Sierra adventure games?

I have been collecting these old games since last year, and was wondering if anyone had any of these that they were wanting to get rid of? If so, let me know!

Good times...

LOL...I probably have more than a few lying around, as I don't tend to throw things away unless I am forced to.  My favorites were the old Masters of Orion and one that was out in the mid-late 80's called space quest or something like that..I can't remember.  Ahh, the good ol' days.
biggrin.gif

you made me go and look it up.
tounge.gif
 it was this game here:Starflight that got me hooked on pc gaming...then there was the original wing commander that just blew my mind. sad part is, I was playing this game before most of the people that pwn me at CS were born
sad.gif

Cory

No joke, I believe this game I have called 'Gold Rush' is older than DrummerGirl! HOW OLD AM I???

Those were the good old days. I mainly played Sierra Adventure games but I remember that Wing Commander game with it's *hot* 256 color graphics - my PC at the time was top of the line; 16 MHz, 640K RAM, no hard drive, EGA (16 color) graphics, and was running DOS 6!

=\

im under 22, and i have more dos games then i have windows games, and ive got like 80 windows cd games. I have kings quest 1 through 8, which arnt all dos games btw. Ive been gaming since before I could even read. I was born for gaming. So, you know, Ive got no life  
laugh.gif
. But I do have a billion dos games, tho, they wont work with windows me  
mad.gif
. And alot ofem are scratched beyond all recognition, but still, Ive probably got more then anyone else in toj. OWNED
cool.gif
 On a side note, kings quest roxors and they shouldnt have stopped with 8, whole adventure genre died out for no good reason. Now, for the real question, have you beat all of the kings quest games!?!?

Terminator Furure Shock. Fps with large enviroments. Kinda like a old version of Halo. You can probably get it on eBay. Has a multiplayer expansion "SkyNET". Nice. Yes. I speak. In broken sentences.

bleh, that game isnt all that old. Thats the time of games such as mechwarrior 2 mercenaries, nothing that old there.

I remember Betrayal at Krondor. You can download that for free just about anywhere. Man...that game was for games what Star wars was for movies!
smile.gif

I have beaten KQ 1-4, and got half-way thru 5. I guess I stopped playing games altogether at that point, was getting older and hanging out with friends more and had some weird interest in those friends of the opposite gender...now here I am, playing all kinds of games and married too!

This is the life!

tounge.gif

5 and 6 were good, 7 was a bit disneyish, and 8 was like zelda on truckers caffine pills, but better. ATM I dont have friends so i can play everything, ive even learned ancient languages for game. Seriously, none, nada, non existento (Yes, I did make that word up!) So if u need a game beat or hints on one come to meh, I am always open! Really, always, I mean it, I do nothing. I have lost most of my sanity somewhere, musta buried it with some other things. I never finished 1 because it was bugged and unbeatable, i got fed up with the rest cuz it made me miss hugos house of horrors, never did get to finish that game before the fire *sniff*

Did you know some developers came out with an enhanced version of KQ1? Also, I think Sierra came out with an enhanced 16 colors version, too.

ACK...I stayed up until 1AM playing KQ5. And of course, I stroll into work about 8:30AM...and walk right past the boss' office. He didn't see me though...

So, the "fire"? What's that all about? And why don't you have any friends??? You seem like a fun guy to hang out with, for the most part...

:O

J/K of course, but seriously...whats up?

I remember quite a bit of the Sierra adventure titles. Although the title that got me hooked was Sierra's Black Cauldron based on the Disney adaptation of LLoyd Alexander's book. There was nothing more devastating then having your pig stolen by the dragon... Those were the days:

Move to the next screen...
Please insert disk B...
Move to next screen...
Please insert disk A...
Move to next screen...
Please insert disk B...

Also, did you find the easter egg in Kings Quest 2? There is a rock at the top of the mountain you can look under and it previews Space Quest. But of course my favorite part of that is when your near the witch's cave and the batmobile drives by... Dh Dh Dh Dh Dh Dh BATMAN!!!

Okay, so I wasn't totally into computer games until I actually owned my own PC (1999), but I do have, with the help of close high school friends quite the collection of old school Strategy Game Series mainly from Koei.  See if you have any of these or even know some of the titles...

Nobunaga's Ambition (nes)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 1-4 & 6 & 7 (that's nes through PS2)
Genghis Khan (nes)
Genghis Khan 2 (snes)
Kessen I & II (PS2)

If you can't guess we are really into Ancient Far East history.  Many strategies can be found in these games, especially from the book, The Art of War, the war manual written by Sun Tzu.  These had some of the best strategies techniques you could have in games.  The graphics were poor and they still use still frame pictures in most but once you get a taste for the control you have on taking over the country you are hooked...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheElite @ Jan. 31 2003,8:03)]Did you know some developers came out with an enhanced version of KQ1? Also, I think Sierra came out with an enhanced 16 colors version, too.

ACK...I stayed up until 1AM playing KQ5. And of course, I stroll into work about 8:30AM...and walk right past the boss' office. He didn't see me though...

So, the "fire"? What's that all about? And why don't you have any friends??? You seem like a fun guy to hang out with, for the most part...

wow.gif

J/K of course, but seriously...whats up?
I have the enhanced version and the original, the enhanceds graphics are about the same as kq4s. and since you must PRY INTO MY PERSONAL LIFE, I gave up on the guys around here a long time ago. Im not even gonna get into just how messed up everyone in my neighborhood is. I was never good with "people" anyway, bleh, nasty things people is.  
wow.gif
Probably the only real christian my age around here. Never bothered checking out the youth ministry once we found this good church though, right now im more likely with the shape I got myself in to give a few of them heart attacks.I gotta get in shape and get a job soon. The only six pack I have left is of barqs root beer. over 6 feet and 115 pounds and the whitest person on the face of God's green earth. Like I said, I am Gamer Incarnate. Anyway, fire being when meh house burnt down, lost alot of games and cds, some other stuff im too tired to type.

Whon you should really really really play Dynasty Warriors 3 for ps2. That game is awesome, and it takes place during the Three Kingdom era, around the 100s-300s. A lot of the playable characters were real people, which I didn't know until I sat one of my Chinese friends in front of the TV and he started telling me about all the characters!

I've read up on the game, haven't got to play it yet, but it read pretty good. It's like Three Kingdoms, all the characters were actual people. A lot of research was put into these games, they even know what type of weapns were their favorite and what they did in the timelines, quite impressive in itself. Tasty, if you want to impress your friend get Three Kingdoms 7 and read all the bios on the people, you'll learn a ton. Plus in 7 you can be an officer rather then a ruler and dueling comps. are a blast, specially the aggressive moves.

psh. you guys play DOS games?
laugh.gif

geezers. most of the DOS games out there have been formatted into a 56k-friendly flash file by now.
biggrin.gif
blues.gif

Rock on w/DOS, last year here at college me and my friends when on a spree downloading DOS games...Space Quest pwnz0rz, but don't forget to give props to Commander Keen...my first hero...*sniff*

I dont have many dos games cos i had my trusty Amiga 500. I went to PC's around the 486-dx2-66 era.

Back