Oh for the love of... I Hate IRONY!

Dauntless

So today I decided I would do what I've been waiting along time to do. I went to the Apple store and purchased myself a shiny new Macbook :) Yay!

Then after dinner tonight my Graphics card in my tower died.

And yes I know for sure it's my graphics card I spent the better part of an hour testing everything I could in relation to it and my monitor is fine, my graphics card just can't get the juice to send a signal to my monitor once it loads windows.

Anyway I really wish this happened yesterday before I bought the Macbook. I can't afford to keep spending money. So basically I won't be on GW for a day or two until I can secure another card.

*cries*

So today I decided I would do what I've been waiting along time to do. I went to the Apple store and purchased myself a shiny new Macbook :) Yay!

Then after dinner tonight my Graphics card in my tower died.

And yes I know for sure it's my graphics card I spent the better part of an hour testing everything I could in relation to it and my monitor is fine, my graphics card just can't get the juice to send a signal to my monitor once it loads windows.

Anyway I really wish this happened yesterday before I bought the Macbook. I can't afford to keep spending money. So basically I won't be on GW for a day or two until I can secure another card.

*cries*

Technically that's not ironic...kind of like that song "Ironic" where nothing in the song is ironic, but it is ironic that the song has no irony in it. What would be ironic is if your PC started to work and your Macbook wouldn't work when you got it home.

Now mind you I'm not the best irony judge so I could be wrong. Irony is a very tricky thing.

Yea I tend to throw around Irony more than I probably should. I think what I was looking for is I hate Murphy's Law. Much more fitting.

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye
He waited his whole life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
'Well isn't this nice...'
Actually, this part is probably ironic...but that song is one of my pet peeves, BECAUSE of the songwriter's poor grasp of the concept.

Ironic is defined as "poignantly contrary to what was expected or intended." So unless there is a reason to expect otherwise, AND the contrast is "profoundly moving or touching," it's not irony.

Last edited:
Oh, big, big, pet peeve. Years of choir instructors' voices scream "NO!" when I hear such terrible diction.

Hence the reason I hate the song Linger. "Do ya haf, do ya haf to, do ya haf to let it linGER?"

MAKE THE BAD NOISE STOP!

Same here. In fact, most of the popular music of today (especially rock) manages to get on my nerves just cause they can't sing. *sigh* Why did Freddie Mercury have to die!?!?!

Yay choir!

-Chadley

Yea I agree I mean junk like Fallout Boy... Girl we're going down...

It burns my ear drums every time I hear that song played. What in the name of all that is holy and sacred is that song saying?!?!

well, it's a given that emo music sucks; it hurts to listen to it.
honestly, what would you expect from a bunch of people who cut themselves?

Yeah, cutting is lame, bring me back to the days where everyone was just addicted to crack or heroine!! :p Every era has its vices; though, I'd still say the 60s and 70s produced much better music.

-Chadley

well, 70's start going into disco. and disco sucks.

honestly, I like classical/romantic/baroque music.
it's just superior, quality wise.
but,don't get me wrong, I like my goth metal, too.

honestly, I like classical/romantic/baroque music.
it's just superior, quality wise.

It certainly had the most skill behind it. You think any band of our time could even think about composing music for dozens of different instruments? Nowadays many popular artists don't even write the music they sing. Ben Folds (amazing musician) had his symphony performance, but even he needed help from professional composers. Has anyone heard any of Billy Joel's classical compositions? That's some good stuff, and you'd never think he wrote it... he's good.

People like Elton John, John Williams, Andrew Lloyd Webber, etc--people who write scores for movie or musicals--they're really the one's who most resemble the popular music of way-back-when. Aaannnddd... that's pretty much what I listen to.

-Chadley

Back