Of all the embarrassing things to have to admit...

RiverTigress

I didn't wake up as well-rested as I should have this morning because I stayed up too late last night playing GoPets of all things. I originally had a good reason for being there as the Darkfall server went down and I needed to make a new avatar and evaluate this game's revenue potential since I'm not playing EQ2 anymore, but then I ended up staying up till 2am and ::gasp:: actually enjoyed it.

I haven't been able to stay up past 11pm, much less 2am, for things I've much more wanted and needed to do for like forever, so why should this way-to-cute MyLittlePony/Barbie/Zelda-like hybrid be any different? I feel so uncool right now.

No idea why you were able to stay up so late. Probably because you were enjoying yourself and when you have fun, time just zips along. :)

I am a bit curious though, how did you make real money in EQ2 and such?

I use www.livegamer.com which is a service that works directly with publishers to facilitate player auctions of in-game items, currency, and characters for real money. I originally started doing this on my own back in my UO days to be able to stay home with my son, but going through LiveGamer is much nicer since they handle all the payment and customer service issues so there's a lot less risk and headaches for me, and their fees are less than the Ebay+Paypal fees I had to deal with before (they do use the Paypal system to send your money but have some sort of arrangement so that you don't get charged by Paypal for it) so it's a pretty win-win situation all around.

At the moment they have auction sites set up for Everquest2, Vanguard, and GoPets, and they are working on having FreeRealms available soon. They are also in talks to try to bring other games into their system, Darkfall and The Secret World being a couple they have mentioned but nothing definite yet.

Back