Oblivion...

Killerah

Anybody getting it? Me and my brother just split the cost of a copy (yay for single player games). I'm installing it now, looks like an incredible game.

I'm getting it from direct 2 drive right now, but dangit, it's only getting <40 kb right now! /scream

I'll be getting it soon, either the end of this week or the beggining of next...

EDIT:

Does anyone know were I can get the Oblivion collectors addition cheap of the internet...not Ebay...the cheapest I've found so far is $54.99 on Amazon...

EDIT x2:

Ignore the last edit...I went ahead and bought it off of Amazon...

Last edited:
I don't know if my PC can handle it (as in make it look purdy). It's packin' an Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz under the hood with 1 GB of RAM and a Radeon X300.

So I'll wait and get it for Xbox 360...maybe. The game sounds incredible though.

Heh, I just checked Bethesda's website after wondering about the PC specs and it doesn't appear that my videocard is supported by ES IV.

Last edited:
Well I picked it up today.

It's pretty dang sweet so far :)

Graphics are very nice. I'm still getting the hang of it, so I can't say too much just yet.

...TOO.........MANY............GAMES...............TO PLAY...

I would love to pick this game up but I fear that I won't have time to play it. I'm still very much into Battlefield 2 and Guild Wars. I'll see what the reviews say and maybe put it on my ever-growing list of games I'd like to play.

Wow, this game is quite impressive, I'm not even that far into it and I'm just loving it! It's so immersive! My one compaint so far is that it sort of feels like it was made for the 360. And that's not such a terrible complaint, I just sort of feel like they should have changed a couple of interfaces so that they felt more like they belonged on the PC.

I am Killerah's bro that split the cost with him and I must say it is awsome. I will admit I could use a new graphics card though, if I run the game at a higher res then 640x480 it runs rather choppy

I borrowed the disc from killerah and cheeso so I wouldnt have to wait for that slow, slow download to finish, and so far I'm loving the game. My one complaint with it so far is that there tends to be some rather jarring popup in the distance, but I'm hoping I can tweak the options to reduce that.

Edit: Oh my, I'm still trying to download the client as a backup, but my pc crashed and now it's starting all over again. At least it's going faster this time.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, and another thing that sort of bugs me is that the characters don't really change facial expressions much when they're talking. The lip-syncing is great, but they just don't seem as lifelike as I would have hoped. Meh, minor annoyances.

Killerah said:
Oh yeah, and another thing that sort of bugs me is that the characters don't really change facial expressions much when they're talking. The lip-syncing is great, but they just don't seem as lifelike as I would have hoped. Meh, minor annoyances.

Really? I could tell when they got annoyed with me :)

But yeah, it could have been a bit better.

BTW, how do you go about getting spells from scrolls into your known spell list?

Last edited:
I don't think you do, I think those are one time deals. The way you get spells into your spell list is by either useing that type of spell often (AKA Grinding) or buying a permenent spell at a trader.

Grrrr....Amazon still hasn't shipped the darn thing. I got the Super Saver Shipping, but would that make them wait to ship it? I mean waiting longer to ship it doesn't save them any money...

Dark Virtue said:
I hope the money you saved was worth not being able to play it for over a week :)

Yeah...I kinda wish I wouldn't have done it now...but...*bursts into tears*...

Back