Now I am stuck at Thirsty River...

Talori

Well, I managed to do Elona with henchmen, even did the bonus with henchmen. Did Dunes with henchmen, but haven't done the bonus on that one yet.

Decided to try Thirsty, and can only get up to the last team with the 2 priests that heal each other before my henchmen totally fail me. Tried real people, and like others before me...all it takes is one fool in the group to ruin the team effort. This is such a delicate mission with that last difficult group to beat. It cannot be rushed, has to be carefully planned at the end or death to all.

So some night when a group is available when I am online, it would be nice to get past this roadblock :p

Ok, i know exactly how you feel, i had to do it 13 times to get it, but finally got a good group. So when i am on i will come help.

I did it on my first try. I got a group that had just failed 7 times. By then they knew what they were doing and were a good group, we pwnt the badguys!

Like I said, I had tried several times to do this mission with just henchmen, and could almost complete it... which means that the only part of this mission that is difficult and is the clincher is that last team with the 2 priests. That one takes strategy and planning - a team effort.

The first group I was in was nicely balanced. We killed all the sand giants without problem, got thru the first team no problem, second set took a little while - but still quite easy. When we got to the third, we did great on the first team to the right - went on to the next and did ok, then the last we just couldn't quite get. We decided to give it another go with a different strategy (separate the priests), but some left and were replaced by a couple idiots (sorry, but they were!).

So one of them insisted that we not waste time killing giants because one of them was a trap and we would all die (like the last team he was in)! I said that if we can't manage to kill the sand giants then we will never be able to manage finishing this mission (I realize that the giants are just added morale boost, but honestly if a team dies killing them then they might as well not even try the rest of the mission!!). The team listened to the new guys and bypassed/rushed to the hero after only killing 2 of the giants. Rushed into the first team and died (one of the guys had to go quick because he had to go to work!!). So ended that group... several dropped and more were added (not even sure at this point who was leading this group I was in).

This time a guy took charge bypassed ALL the giants and ran straight for the hero. Made it thru the first team, guy rushed us during the second set and we died.

Last try that night... we had several leave and more added. I asked what we were doing this time (fighting or running :p ). Some tried to run, but others stopped to fight. I asked again what the plan was. The monk logged, so I bailed. By this time it was 10 pm and I had enough.

I personnally don't care if the giants die and we get morale boost (even though it is easy extra hps/energy). Just want to have a group that takes it step by step and thinks first, hee hee. If the first group I was in would have stayed together, we could have done it I think. I loaded dodge and was ready to draw most the mob away while the rest of the group worked on getting the priest dead. Not sure if that is the strategy to use, but it could work?

hey Talori, since u r having so much trouble if u want to get a bunch of the guild people to do it together i would be more than happy to help. I can help with either my R/Mo or my E/Mo. Just let me know if u want me to, and when and where.
JD

I need to do this mission with my healer... Once I have to time to play GW and if I see you on... maybe we can both get it done =)

Appreciate the offers.

There are some players who take the mission seriously, but they are hard to find sometimes. Those who don't listen and run around like little kids on sugar seem to be in abundance :p

I did get in another decent team last night, but we just couldn't get that last team... we were sooo close. Then people bailed.

At least those that are there trying are getting to know me as a serious player and they take me into their group even though I'm a ranger :p

I am stuck at Thirsty no more. Interesting group of 4 warriors, 1 monk and me. Seemed almost too easy for us. We worked as a team and of course that works wonders :) I appreciate all of you willing to help... I will gladly endure that mission for any others now that I know for myself it can be done.

I've had no success yet... It's a bummer when you get to the end of a mission and then all of your team does different things. =(

Back