Noobie MMO Pranks

Asheriah

This thread is dedicated to see what crazy and hilarious pranks you can play on brand new noobies in an mmo..

The one i thought of was,, tell a noobie when you see a member of the opposite faction,, "hey if you kill this mob , you will get triple xp"

What is your ideas?

Last edited:
The two I loved were:

1. Telling people in everquest one that they got bonus experience or that they could check their actual experience number if they typed "/ex bonus" or "/ex check"

2. Telling people in AV they they were reported afk and to type "/afk clear status" to remove the report.

I found these, some are pretty good:

I unplugged my housemates mouse and plugged my wireless one in when i was watching him raid one night (he went downstairs to grab food, which gave me the time to do this) when he came back he thought he got hacked cause the arrow wasn't following his mouse's movement.

My bro got of the computer during AV to use to the bathroom. While he was gone, I made a macro with /afk , /exit , called it frostshock, and made the icon the frostshock icon. Then when he came back the next enemy he saw he tried using frostshock and bam, deserter and exit.

Hey, I'm trying to get <insert unobtainable item name here> from these low level mobs, but they will only drop for someone's first character. If you can get me all I need, I'll pay you <insert game currency here>.

Go to MC, kill Golemagg then tell raiders to look through the window behind him at Ragnaros.

<looks at Fjorboug>

When an Alliance member asks where the AH is, tell them Orgrimmar. ;) Don't forget to give directions.

If you want to get more rested XP just find a nice area to setup a tent with the /camp command.

When someone is complaining about profomance, tell them Alt+F4 will help their FPS go up.

Really you can get people to Alt+F4 all the time... it's funny too.

Mage putting up a darnasus portal right in front of the portal to WG right before it begins or in front of the Violet Cit right when WG ends.

Mages putting up multiple portals to shatt, dal, and darnasus on top of each other

There were a lot of great ones in Everquest.

Tell someone to come up and target you and type /d for a donation to them. /d was the command for duel.

anyway to get them to type /ex (tell them it showed experience gained, etc.) made them exit the game.

There was one short time when Everquest let us control creatures in noobie zones. We could be a goblin or other noob level 5 critters. That was fun.

Also in EQ you had pets that you could talk through. Have a necromancer skelly pet and walk it up to a nub and start talking to them. that led to some fun things.

Then there was Dorn... a low level guy that fought about 30 levels higher than he actually was... getting together a group of people that didn't know about him and leading them to their impending doom...

I should write a book about my adventures in EQ!

OH! another great EQ thing that got nerfed after me and a shaman made a habit of doing it. There was a zone with a dragon called Nagafen that had fire giants before you got to her. In EQ at thte time there weren't private instances. anyone could come and go in any zone. If you were getting ready to raid Nagafen, you had to go through all the people in the zone that were there camping mobs and leveling.

Well, the shaman would shrink the giants down then I as a bard would charm one. We would bring it up to the front of the zone and let it wreak havoc on everyone there :) THAT WAS FUN!

Or when I would charm a large dinosaur mob (nicknamed Dino) and wipe out half the zone with him then let him loose in an area he wasn't normally in...

The possibilities were endles!!!

Bards were hard to play but if played correctly they were by far the most powerful single class in the game. I think EQ is responsible for my carpal tunnel trying to constantly keep 3 and 4 songs going without a break in them...

Any old school eq'ers out there? remember what they called "Best of the Best"? where they had duels between the classes on each server then the best of each class went to a neutral server and dueled the other winners from other servers? I won the bard BotB.

There was one short time when Everquest let us control creatures in noobie zones. We could be a goblin or other noob level 5 critters. That was fun.

Project Red FTW! I remember doing that on test server. Then sony decided it was only going to be on pvp servers because of the potential for griefing carebears.

On of my favorites was getting a buddy of mine that was a guide to spawn as a rock or take command of a tuskarr like creature in EW and start talking to random noob friends of mine while invis. Would drive them nuts. Then Brenlo got promoted and had to start behaving.

Heh, he gave my whole CT raid milk and cookies one day then CT bugged on us and we couldn't CR.... Yeah it wasn't pretty but we mourned Brenlo with more milk and cookies.

Solusek RO was probably the greatest server.

Really? Yeah I doubt we ever ran into each other but I knew alot of great bards. I was a druid myself. Im actually contemplating picking up the new expansion and seeing if I can get back into it. LOL!

Back