Nine seasons of American Idol is proof of a merciful God

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Babylon? That was bad.

Sodom and Gomorrah? Very bad.

American Idol getting a 9th season when Futurama was canceled after 5? Proof that God is abundantly merciful upon His creation. Because you know if He hadn't promised not to end the world by flood again, the fourth season of American Idol would have been preempted by a watery apocalypse.

All that aside, my wife, despite being a lovely and intelligent woman, still watches American Idol. I know. I don't understand it, either.

So that means that I am effectively trapped in the office from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Central on Tuesday and from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Central on Wednesdays for the next several weeks. (Does anyone remember the days when television networks actually created new content instead of just videotaping wannabe singers and calling it a show?)

During those hours, I might as well play online games with my fellow Christian gamers who are similarly displeased with the cultural wreckage flooding (see what I did there?) the airwaves. So if you're interested in playing online games when American Idol airs, post a reply.

If you're thinking about posting to say that American Idol isn't all that bad and that Simon Cowell donates money to save puppies in Afghanistan, save your energy. This thread is only partially serious.

...Seriously, though, American Idol is a blight on Western civilization. When God pours out His wrath on the earth at the end of days, humanity will look back at American Idol, Rock of Love, and Jon and Kate Plus Eight and understand that the world could not have ended any other way.

I have yet to watch an episode of american idol and I may or may not be available for a week or so once Mass Effect 2 comes out.

If you're in the mood for some DDO, GW, WAR, or maybe even a few matches of Quakelive (even though I'm generally pretty mediocre at FPS games), shoot me a message on steam -I am available 90% of the time, unless I've got homework that needs done (being procrastinator extraordinaire of a senior that I am, I don't usually start until about 10pm CST anyway).

Bits and Pieces

My wife and i don't have a television hooked to anything external except the DVD player. I have had opportunity to see a few "scenes" here and there and it renewed my interest to not sit down and watch it.

As far as gaming goes, i have become more interested in gaming than even watching the Netflix movies I'veselected. (How's that for irony?)

I am fairly new the online gaming world, so I have been following these forums with much interest. I am still learning alot of the terminology and am actively looking for opportunities to participate with the group.

I kinda feel a little out of place playing with the group at present since my chars on the CGA's guild are still pretty low level. I look forward to leveling and being an active part of the team!

In Christ,
Mike H~North Pole, AK
2516431MmqaH.png

I don't mind watching it. Also, The Bachelor too.

But I'd play on-line if there was a game I have and if I didn't lag so bad.

Otherwise, if its L4D2, Borderlands, etc. No thank you.

I can do the 5:00 - 6:00 Pacific on Tuesdays or Wednesdays - but so far I am only doing Guild Wars online.

I'm thinking: Dungeons and Dragons...Satan's game! It would be a great time to try DDO during that timeslot. We could pick a server and have a traditional "roll your characters before then" so that everyone's ready to go. One question I have, though...does anyone know how large of a group you can have early in the game?

PS: They were NUTS for cancelling Jericho.

I'm thinking: Dungeons and Dragons...Satan's game! It would be a great time to try DDO during that timeslot. We could pick a server and have a traditional "roll your characters before then" so that everyone's ready to go. One question I have, though...does anyone know how large of a group you can have early in the game?
Tribe of Judah has started an official (though casual) DDO guild on Ghallanda. See this thread for more information.

Since American Idol airs immediately before ToJ's TF2sday and Left 4 Wednesday game night events, I'd be willing to hop onto DDO during American Idol.

Tribe of Judah has started an official (though casual) DDO guild on Ghallanda. See this thread for more information.

Since American Idol airs immediately before ToJ's TF2sday and Left 4 Wednesday game night events, I'd be willing to hop onto DDO during American Idol.

Ohhh, I did not see that thread, only the original where you were originally asking about it. Will read through that one.

American Idol is like God's 11th plague... except this isn't Egypt... and I'm not sure what I did to deserve this.

Why are American's being partially judged (but let's be honest - it's not really partial) by a Brit?

Last edited:
Why are American's being partially judged (but let's be honest - it's not really partial) by a Brit?
Because the show was (if I remember correctly) his idea and America is so bereft of original ideas that it fills the airwaves with reality TV shows and adaptations of foreign shows (e.g. The Office, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, American Idol/X-Factor).

EDIT: Borrowing from other cultures is not always a bad thing. Fringe seems to borrow liberally from Ghost in the Shell and is (IMHO) one of the best shows on television.

EDIT: Borrowing from other cultures is not always a bad thing. Fringe seems to borrow liberally from Ghost in the Shell and is (IMHO) one of the best shows on television.

NINJA WARRIORRRRR!!!

So who's up for some online gaming starting in 50 minutes (at 7 p.m. Central)?

Id love to be playing game when American Idol is on, I used to do it all the time before I started working in Law Enforcement. Now fortunately atleast Im paid to supervise inmates who watch it. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will go away after a 10th season. I don't think I could take a decade + of American Idol. Even the simpsons are losing their flavor from age.

Id love to be playing game when American Idol is on, I used to do it all the time before I started working in Law Enforcement. Now fortunately atleast Im paid to supervise inmates who watch it. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will go away after a 10th season. I don't think I could take a decade + of American Idol. Even the simpsons are losing their flavor from age.

The Simpsons lost their flavor 11 seasons ago...

It's that time again!

I plan to load up Mass Effect until ToJ's Left 4 Wednesday game night event starts at 8 p.m. Central. If you want to invite me to a game before then, just send me a message on Steam.

Back